Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to LS in Oklahoma and during the day (80degrees F) my bike would sputter, pop and sometimes die off the line or when going throught the trails in 2nd or 3rd gear. The angle that the bike was at didnt really matter. At night (20 - 30 degrees) it ran like a bat from hell, spanked everone i found, it made me proud of the machine i just rebuilt. Anyways im from kansas it 3200 feet above seal level and run excelent here, throughout all temps ive incountered so far. So is the jetting doing that or what? I have 11:1 std comp, stage 1 hotcam, exhaust, and k&n air.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I recently went to LS in Oklahoma and during the day (80degrees F) my bike would sputter, pop and sometimes die off the line or when going throught the trails in 2nd or 3rd gear. The angle that the bike was at didnt really matter. At night (20 - 30 degrees) it ran like a bat from hell, spanked everone i found, it made me proud of the machine i just rebuilt. Anyways im from kansas it 3200 feet above seal level and run excelent here, throughout all temps ive incountered so far. So is the jetting doing that or what? I have 11:1 std comp, stage 1 hotcam, exhaust, and k&n air.
What part of Kansas has an elevation of 3200 feet? Near the Colorado border?

Little Sahara is 1476 above sea level, so it could affect your bikes performance. It's an arid climate, so during the heat of the day, I would expect some issues if your bike is set up for your elevation/climate.

~Brian

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in central ks, google says that the elevation, so i assume its right. I have seen and heard of a dial a jet does it work or not, would it solve my problem? Ide buy it but its $109 so if it works its worth it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It runs just awsome, ride it hard and put it away wet, its like a two by four with a jet engine.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does any of you use a dial a jet? Does it work, do you like it?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So all i need to do is make my mains each one size bigger or what?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It runs perfectly in kansas so i mean, bump the jets up when i go to oklahoma right? I dont know my current jet sizes

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Find the nearest airport, then go to airnav.com and find the airport. It will have an accurate elevation. Teraflx uses dialajets and he likes them. One size up on the mains should be right

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts