Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am getting Elka shocks, but which one would be better for me. I mainly ride trails and strip mines.
Are the elites better than the racing series?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I belive you'd be better going w/ the elite series. I have not heard one person say that the price isn't worth it. Especially if you go w/ elite rear shock.....nothing but the best :thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
The elites are elkas best.But some of the sport and racing series shocks use tripple rate front and duel rears(the same ones the elites use) but only have limited adjustment ability.If you only ride the same kind of terrain all the time they will valve it for that and it should work great there but if you decide to ride other kinds of terrain you won't have the adjustment capability that the elites have to adapt to it.And the tripple rate sport and racing series probably aint much cheaper then the elites but if you want to save money you can get duel rate fronts and a single rate rear which if valved correctly will still be a whole lot better then stock and from what kind of terrain you ride should be all you really need.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im are RAPTOR raider form Danmark. I have just bourt Elka PB36C to the front and ELKA RR46CR to the back. I also use LSR a-arms komplet +2 sport. I will let you about my first big jumb. PS My english is not so good. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The elites are very nice but IMO the extra adjustments are not necessary for the type of riding you're talking about. Compression, rebound and pre-load are all you'll ever need and sometimes even more than you'll use for fronts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts