Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elka or Presision Steering Stabilizer? i can't decide. they both have gotten good reviews from what i have researched. The precision seems to be more popular though. what are your thoughts?

ps: anyone have pics of a Elka stabilizer mounted?

Eben

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wish I could help; I'm in the market for a stabilizer myself. Seems around here Precision is highly rated along with CCP. I'm concidering the Precision, Elka and Scott's. Hard choice to make cause you can't really buy all three and keep the one you like. I have no vote, but will be watching this thread with interest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i was looking at the CCP as well. I thought that the pricier stabilizers might just be better in the long run and outperform the CCP. But after reading the long list of reviews I think the CCP might just be better than the more expensive stabilizers. So im leaning towards a CCP. The looks are good, it has good reviews and if I decide I don’t like it, I don’t think it will be hard to find a buyer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you got to the magazine rack you can find ATVSport Magazine June 2008. It's on the stands now... I think. Anyway, on page 36 you will find 5 pages (typed) where steering stabilizers/dampers are reviewed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yfm700lover said:
do they have a ccp review in there?
Nope. They've got: Alba Action, Elka, Extremetech, Gibson, Golden West Cycle, GPR, Halo Production Innovation, James Lucky, Janssen Motosports, KTM ATV, Magic racing, Moto Joe, PEP, RTT Motorsports, Scotts Performance, Snyder Motorsports, Streamline Performance, TOBY, Trail Armor, Triumph Motorsports, and Precision Racing Products.

Here's what they say about Precision...
"Proven on the national ATV racing circuits across the country, the Precision stabilizer/damper is used by many of the top MX & GNCC pros. The unit can be made to fit any stock or aftermarket steering stem and can be adjust to suit any riding style or terrain. Because it doesn't have seals in the pressure area, the PRP stabilizer can absorb up to 6,000 PSI and remain intact. The one internal moving part is made of heat-treated stainless steel. The housing and other parts are machined of billet hard anodized aluminum or stainless steel. Features specific mounting brackets for each ATV. Includes a 3 year warranty. It is adjustable and rebuildable. MSRP $485 to $499.

It's also worth mentioning... that magazines tell you everything that's RIGHT about stuff... not what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a precision and it is faultless. I bought my son a CCP and it is a work of art. The CCP is the best looking unit I have seen. Lots of forum members speak very well about the CCP. We will soon be mounting my sons and do a side by side comparison. Should be interesting. Of worthy note the CCP is less than half the cost of the precision. That alone will make it the choice for many.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I'd go with a Precision :thumbsup:

It's impossible to go wrong when you buy the best . :lol:

In all seriousness the precision is a good unit. I haven't found anything negative about it minus the price on the net. I guess it really depends on how you want to spend your money.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have the Scotts and it is awsome. It is a little pricey. But i'm telling you it is awsome. I have not had a Precision but they look like they work the same. The Elka looks a lot like ths Scotts and have not tried it either. So i would look at the wallet and see what you want to do.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Here is a vote for the Precision. I have not used the Elka but can tell you the Precision was worth every dollar and then some. It DOES make that much of a difference...

·
Administrator
9,374 Posts
I run a Fast way system, agreed. Couldn't ride stock..

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts