Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
I have stage 4 and the difference over stock is VERY noticeable.

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
I have stage 5's all round. I havent taken the time to dial them in at all yet, just put all the settings in the middle. I went from the SE piggy backs that I had rebuilt 18 months ago and there is a huge difference. I can only imagine when they are dialled in...

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I have the stage 4's and pretty close to dialed in and they are heaven.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This may help. They have the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I orders a set from a big name online store. I made sure they understood I had dual exabust and needed a long rear reservoir line so I can mount it up front. And they put in my order and told me 3-4 weeks. Over 10 weeks later I called the store to complain and they said they will get a hold of them right away. 2 days later I called elka directly. They stated its not there fault they went from doing 800 shocks a month to 8000 and they are backordered but mine will ship in 5 days. 7 days later I call them again to confirm and they said mine won't ship until the next batch. 2 weeks later they arrived. The rear doesn't fit (has a short line)as I needed a longer line for my raptor. Call them up and elka tells me I have the right length. I told them it doesn't fit and the guys say "if I read the instruction that came with it, I should be able to install it" I told him I have dual exahaust like many others and he told me well they don't come that way stock. they said " we are just the manufacture, we make it as they are orderd and to call the person you ordered it from." So I call the guy I ordered it from and he sends me the invoice and emails to them making sure they know it needs a long line. I call elka back up and they tell me too bad it is a custom order nothing they can do about it. I told them I'm gonna call the better business bureau as I had proof they didn't make it right as the invoice stated and they won't fix it. He said I can only do that if it is fraud or they stole from me. I informed him he stole my thousands of dollars and gave me something I did not order. That is fraud.. He told me to call the guy I ordered it from as it is all his fault and I should be going after him. I call the guy I ordered it from and told him what I told elka and what they told me.mhe put us on 3 way calling and I stated to everyone that elka told me to go after the store and not them. And the elka guy just called me a liar and hung up. The store told me they will email me an rma number then give me a refund so I accepted. 2 days later no rma number, I call the store. He tells me elka will fix the rear shock for free. So I send it back to them. 10'days later I call to check up on it, and they tell me the part is a special order and they will not have it for another 2 weeks.

Wtf, that is such a lie as many other raptor owners have dual exhaust and need a longer line to mount the rear reservoir up front. I told them to duck off and give me my money back. They made me miss my yearly riding trip win my friends. They knew when I needed the shocks by and they screwed me over.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know have fox evol 3 and ordered motowoz rear. Motowoz emailed me about my rear shock just because I added a note in the comment section that started I had a dual exabust and was wondering if they had a way mount it in a different place. 2 days after my order was submitted they called me and email me pictures of options to see what I wanted. And they quoted me a 2 week build time.

Search online. Many people complained their elkas did not come valved/spring right from the factory.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys have seriously got my worried now. ATV Galaxy.com quoted me about $2500 for both rear and front shocks. STAGE 5.

I think I'm going to place the order but Im worried about quality control issues...

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
You guys have seriously got my worried now. ATV Galaxy.com quoted me about $2500 for both rear and front shocks. STAGE 5.

I think I'm going to place the order but Im worried about quality control issues...
Rather speak to one of our site sponsors, I'm sure they will be prepared to work on pricing a bit. but at least you know you will be dealing with a person that knows Raptors.

I bought my fronts from RacingPowersports.com last year in their black Friday special. And my rear which was actually my birthday present came from GTP Offroad (RapRider on the forum).

I had some fitment issues:
The fronts:
I have the Alba ST/LT combo arms. There isn't enough space in the arm to fit the guards. I think I can modify the guards a bit, but haven't yet. I think this is more an arm issue though.

The rear:
Mine came with more than enough line on the ressie. But, if installed as per their instruction, where the line points left, it would have hit my left pipe (DMC Duals). If the banjo was facing 180 degrees in the other direction it would have cleared the top of the pipe. I ended up going out of the top of the shock pointing right, then under the frame to the left, over the starter motor, up the side of the frame, over the head and back down to the right of the frame under the coil.

Excuse the crappy pics:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would actually prefer to buy from a site sponsor.

I'll be using the stock a-arm setup. I want the stage 5s and I hope I won;t have fitment issues.

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
Maybe look at going long travel A-arms as well. You're spending so much money now on shocks, might as well spend a little more to go LT.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea if I'd have to get a wider axle with LT a-arms?

I'm also running Hiper Tech 3s right now and although I got 3.0 offset for the front, they do seem to be a little different than stock and made the Raptor just a bike wider on the front

I honestly like how wide it is right now. Not sure if I will like the Long Travel a-arms?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Look into PEP shocks before you buy the Elkas. Much better shock.

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
The long travel is much nicer or just stock.

On pretty much any of the Lt arms you can't get the Elka covers on. The shock goes too deep into the arms. This is the arms guys and shock guys not working together.

I have order many sets of shocks from Elka, with very little issue. I don't buy a ton from them, so don't get the best pricing, but we do offer service that others don't. There is advantages to spending a little more, and getting personal advice and service from a smaller shop vs a large big box shop. they well cheap, and make little profit so they don't want to deal with someone after the sale. This has been my experience, and obviously at least one others, so just my opinion.

I had a customer buy a set of the sale Stage 3 that was a member here as well as local. I setup his ride height and adjusted his shocks for free. that's how we work.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I got the fox float evols front and podium RC2 rear, Houser LT A-Arms, Lone star axel precision steering stabilizer from ATV galaxy not a bad word to say about the whole process and got a great package price

·
ROTM Winner
194 Posts
any elka stage 5 owners?

was the difference super noticeable compared to the stock 700r shocks?

It all depends on the type of riding you plan on using it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts