Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it good shock??? I project to buy one sets of Racing series... not Elite series... for my Raptor 700R...

What do you think about elka product???

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Which are the best elkas (or other shocks) to get for Mostly aggressive trail riding, some track like riding wiht medium size jumps and a hell of a lot of WHoops, and normal everyday cruisin.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK tanks guys! :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Great shocks / Great product...about the only thing that I do not like is the SSD part of the Elka's. (SSD) Self Saging Device, w/this type of shock, when you need to pick up your wheeler for this, that and for any other thing...you first have to lift past the SSD Point and then you start to finally pick up the wheeler. Many times, you do not have this much room to lift your wheeler...such as getting stuck in a mud hole...this same SSD Ideal, lowers the ATV Center of Gravity, but it also creates more of a lift throw for the rider, when you get stuck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks great!! I just ordered mine last week... which means another week or two till they come in. I also got the Houser Slicast arms..... can't wait!!!!!!

D.J.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Wicked269 said:
Looks great!! I just ordered mine last week... which means another week or two till they come in. I also got the Houser Slicast arms..... can't wait!!!!!!

D.J.
That sounds like a nice setup..... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Wicked269 said:

D.J.
D.J.
What model of Elka's did you order and what is the Slicast stem?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I am thinking of the houser Max ground clearance arms and Elkas. Does anyone know of A arm gaurds that will fit these arms.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the Sport & Racing "Dune Edition" I love them. Expensive, are others just as good, do not know, only had Elka's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
digitalhearing, I just PM'd ya.

Check the Houser site for the Slicast explanation. They give a lot of detail. Mostly means more adjustability, and easier / more accurate than the other ways. The system I got is long travel and max ground clearance. I went with +1/2 per side then ordered my new wheels with a slight offset. I didn't want to go too wide because I do enjoy pinching between the pines at a good click here at home. Also, as mentioned, with the new shocks the bike will actually be about an inch lower, thus lowering the center of gravity.

And DrDsRaptor just asked the million dollar question.... I do need some a-arm guards for these. Time to make a phone call, cause they don't list any on the Houser site. Hmmm.....

D.J.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just spoke with Houser about the a-arm guards. they don't have any available, nor do they plan on making them. He also said he's not aware of any other manufacturers making a skid for them. (I'm talking about the new Slicast max clearance). He did say that the guys that are hitting rocks with them mentioned that it just scratches the powdercoating, with no bends. Now I'm sure they are stronger than stock, but.... I guess I'll be talking to my fabricator friend.

D.J.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW!!! Looks very nice Poudsand !!! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts