Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went ot a Monster Truck / ATV race on Sunday. We went to the "pits" and got to see all the trucks and quads up close. Of course, most were running modded YFZ450s or Hondas. They were interviewing a guy and he said most end up with about $20k in to a machine. I did take note that the vast majority were running the Elkas (Elites I would assume, though I'm no expert). When the were landing jumps, the ones with Elkas sure did land nice and flat, with no bounce or jostling around of any kind that I could tell. Granted, these guys really dial them in, but it was impressive to see them in action. Anyway, just wanted to pass along what I saw from some folks racing these things.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was held at the Everett Events Center, which is actually seemed to small for the venue to me. Most of these are held in Seattle or Tacoma due to larger arenas.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My buddy ran ohlins shocks and then we both went with Elka Elite's and now he is running fox evols
I test drove his quad the other day and DAMN .. I should of went with them myself
they are very sweet.. and very easy to set up..
just my 3 cents
be sure to check into them

·
Registered
67 Posts
elkas are the most popular because of there service and fast turn around for revalving,new oil,shims,etc.once youve caughfed up the big bucks you will know why its worth it long travel is the best if you are going to get some serious air that in the fact 9"verses 12-1/2" big jumps are know longer hurt had mine for 3yrs of serious mx and loved them and would never go back to regular travel again of course if you trail ride forgert it not worth it other popular shocks are the tcs,ohlins and the fox evols ,going cheap will only cost you more in the long run ;) they dont have to sit lower scince thats acomplished by setting prelode but lowering it a bit make you more stable scince the raptoras do sit too high

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.