Raptor Forum banner

Would you run (on the front) float X Evols or Elka triple rate, piggyback rezzies, comp adj. for dun

• Elka triple rates

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post any thoughts or questions. I want the best shock. I know i am not comparing equal level shocks, but i just dont know if i trust the air thing on the fox shox.

·
Registered
350 Posts
similar thread started in the 700 section...seems very diversafied, I have been leaning towards the fox's lately but just dont know about an air shock.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Which elkas? There are 3 or 4 different shock lines from Elka, and the Evols could be comprable to one or two of the lines.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the $895 elkas. think they are sport line.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i said... an air shock is just weird to me... but then again, they fill other shocks with nitrogen dont they?

·
Registered
373 Posts
alot of mx riders are using the fox evols and are loving em
so i would say for jumping, fox but than again if u dont jump
that much get the elka's and save money

just don't get the rear fox shock alot of guy are having issues
and having to send them back for adjustment's

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i want the best, i dont think i will be running custom axis. I have seen them. not impressed.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
i want the best, i dont think i will be running custom axis. I have seen them. not impressed.
Compared to what? If I was building an MX machine Custom Axis and PEP would be at the top of my list. Not my first choice for a trail bike though which is what I imagine you're focusing on.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want sweet looks and the customs i dont really like. its between those two shocks. For Duning trailing and jumping. Not MX...yet...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Don't forget about TCS. These are LT-R conversions, but I think they look sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
In 2-3 weeks they will be. I'm pulling the rear shock to send in for conversion today. Rear will be ZPS full conversion/rebuild and front will be new ZPS/tripple rates with remote rezzies.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I hope so. I'm not terribly impressed with the works shocks, they're a huge improvement over stock, but the lack of any real adjustability is a drawback. Plus I bought them used, so they aren't really set for me. Perhaps if they were it would be a different story. I did something to the rear shock last weekend and now it just isn't "right". Not sure what happened, I was pounding it through some whoops at the dunes and a few minutes later coming back through the same whoops, it felt like I had no suspension in the rear. The shock moved very slow, up and down, like the damping had been maxxed out on compression and rebound. Seemed like a good excuse to send it to TCS. Plus Joe at ATVSuspensionTech.com takes good care of you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts