Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what i got from them when i asked what the status of my pipe was and for a tracking number

Tony,

We were unable to seal your old muffler sufficiently as the tolerances seem to be off. Therefore, I’m having a new muffler built 04/24 for you. I will also have your header and mid-pipe re-gauged. They will be shipped UPS Orange Label to you.

Best regards,

Douglas Wells
Yoshimura R&D of America, Inc.
800-634-9166 x415
guys, what is involved in re-gauging my mid-pipe? i have no idea?? :help:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well I'm guessing but I'd say regauged means they will resize the ends of the pipe to fit better/tighter. I've seen pipe expanders in auto parts stores so I'm *guessing* it's something along those lines.

Orange label is three day delivery. Pretty cool they are hooking you up with a new muffler.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i talked to Doug and asked him exactually what is entailed in re-gauging and this was his reply....

When the pipe gets heated and cooled and goes through the cycle a few times the pipe gets what he called sloppy and out of tollerance. he said its going through a heater type gimic that will allow them to re shape to bring it back into tollerance. i told him that the pipe hasnt been ran for longer than 5 minutes at a time due to trying to get my jetting to be 100%. he said he would have a tracking number tonight for me!! :thumbsup: cant wait.... luckily i was able to get the carbs dialed in before it was sent off.... so i should only have to plug and play. 8)

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Yoshimura has always been cool with any issues I've had. Their R&D team has always been top notch. I've had them send me new end caps, screws, springs, and stickers all at no charge. This is a fine example of their customer service. That's why I've owned three of their products!

~Brian

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ow did you get them to send you free endcaps? i need one and possibly new springs but they want me to pay....i will if i have to but everyone likes free stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts