Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was riding and the right tire went straight into a tree. Right when that happened the bike shut off. It fired right back up and everything seemed fine but is there some kind of impact shut off? I didnt accidently hit the kill switch. Just wondering if anyone knew about it? Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
first ive heard of that. sounds more like you had a good bite in the traction department and it stalled out do to the sudden stop :lol:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Somebody told me that the hyabusa street bike will cut off when it has a hard impact. :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Impact shut off.. That would be pretty difficult to ride an MX track with..Imagine a flat landing and the impact shuts the bike off..

More than likely just a stall out.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If memory recalls me. In some street bikes, there is a sort of kill switch that shuts the bike off by having sort of a ball that moves with high force, so if you slam on the breaks or rear end someone it will stall. There might be some sort of setup like that on the raptor? Other then that...Which I doubt...It just shut off because the clutch stalled out.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i dunno, but when you call the insurance company tell them you were just sitting there parked with the engine off and the tree came outa nowhere and hit you! hahahahaah just playing, i bet it stalled is all

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
bradw3 said:
Today I was riding and the right tire went straight into a tree. Right when that happened the bike shut off. It fired right back up and everything seemed fine but is there some kind of impact shut off? I didnt accidently hit the kill switch. Just wondering if anyone knew about it? Thanks
Now that is some funny shit! :lol: Impact shut off. hahaha!

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
ILoveRaptors said:
If memory recalls me. In some street bikes, there is a sort of kill switch that shuts the bike off by having sort of a ball that moves with high force, so if you slam on the breaks or rear end someone it will stall. There might be some sort of setup like that on the raptor? Other then that...Which I doubt...It just shut off because the clutch stalled out.
Actually what I've heard of is a mechanism that can measure the angle of the bike, and if it tips too far to one side or another it will shut the bike's engine off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I must not have grabbed the clutch fast enough. Now that I think about it, it probably wouldnt be a good thing to have on a mx track, like stated above. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Maddog56 said:
ILoveRaptors said:
Actually what I've heard of is a mechanism that can measure the angle of the bike, and if it tips too far to one side or another it will shut the bike's engine off.
Yea...That was it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.