Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
engin is pining

hello there first time on that forum you guy do a nice job with all your answer ,
here is my question my engine is pinking wen i am in low torque what will be the the best way to fix that problem,
i run on pump gas 94 octane and i add octane booster
my engine was built by a professional shop whit dyno a pull 67.14 hp @ 7500 rpm and 52 tq

here is my set up
raptor 700 r se 2008
dual dmc force 4
11.5 piston
weeb cam custom grind
kibel white spring
+2mm valve
monster flow with k&n filter
pcv
complete head and valve port

thanks jul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dl do you mean the spark plug ??
and the air fuel ratio was 12 ..1 a think

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
its possible the low rpm mid throttle range is too lean... email me the map and ill take a look

Yes the PLUG

CR8e is stock go to a 9
i like to run the CR9EKPA plug... its spendy but works well

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks il get it tomorow

·
Registered
323 Posts
them are very impressive numbers for such a mild build'' that would be a very fun dunner bike'' :cool:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yo mon Julien, bienvenue sur le forum :) (Jul is an old RL friend of mine, almost family!)

Mine has been pinging ever since I went with my first HC piston... Never bothered with it and still running strong. Danny told me it didn't ping when he ran it on the dyno though but whenever I shortshift 4th or 5th and lug it makes a pretty loud ping... I just shift higher to compensate :p Always ran 91 in it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes stock bore and stroke

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
When "pinking" just rub till moist then ride it hard! Install a longer stroke if needed.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
What kind of octane booster?
There's pump 94 in some stations in our area so no booster in play, just higher-than-normal-octane pump gas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i use klotz blue can like 1 oz per gallon ! in 94 octane pump gas

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
How about gearing? Do you lug the motor down low and it pings or is it at WOT.. Im thinking that you are lugging it down to low in the RPM's..

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Not alcohol compatible.. So how much alcohol is in the 94 that you are using.. most fuel has 15/20% now and I use 93 to lean out my shell 110 ie 2gls of 110 and 3gls of 93 with 15% alcohol.. This is what works for me..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i don't no how mutch alcohol there is !!
i do only traill riding and forestery road we make around 120 up to 200 miles on a week end so it is imposible for me to bring enough gas with me i have to run on pump gas !!!!!!!!!!
and yes it is wen it's in low rpm and i gun it the engin ping !

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Quit lugging it and go plug DL told you about, they can be found at the kawi dealers. Just raise your shift points a bit and you'll be good i almost bt the farm on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts