Raptor Forum banner

engin is pinking

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Spider-Lōc 
#1 · (Edited)
engin is pining

hello there first time on that forum you guy do a nice job with all your answer ,
here is my question my engine is pinking wen i am in low torque what will be the the best way to fix that problem,
i run on pump gas 94 octane and i add octane booster
my engine was built by a professional shop whit dyno a pull 67.14 hp @ 7500 rpm and 52 tq

here is my set up
raptor 700 r se 2008
dual dmc force 4
11.5 piston
weeb cam custom grind
kibel white spring
+2mm valve
monster flow with k&n filter
pcv
complete head and valve port

thanks jul

#3 ·
dl do you mean the spark plug ??
and the air fuel ratio was 12 ..1 a think

#5 ·
ok thanks il get it tomorow

#7 ·
Yo mon Julien, bienvenue sur le forum :) (Jul is an old RL friend of mine, almost family!)

Mine has been pinging ever since I went with my first HC piston... Never bothered with it and still running strong. Danny told me it didn't ping when he ran it on the dyno though but whenever I shortshift 4th or 5th and lug it makes a pretty loud ping... I just shift higher to compensate :p Always ran 91 in it.

#9 ·
yes stock bore and stroke

#10 ·
When "pinking" just rub till moist then ride it hard! Install a longer stroke if needed.

#12 ·
There's pump 94 in some stations in our area so no booster in play, just higher-than-normal-octane pump gas.

#13 ·
i use klotz blue can like 1 oz per gallon ! in 94 octane pump gas

#16 ·
i don't no how mutch alcohol there is !!
i do only traill riding and forestery road we make around 120 up to 200 miles on a week end so it is imposible for me to bring enough gas with me i have to run on pump gas !!!!!!!!!!
and yes it is wen it's in low rpm and i gun it the engin ping !

#17 ·
Quit lugging it and go plug DL told you about, they can be found at the kawi dealers. Just raise your shift points a bit and you'll be good i almost bt the farm on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.