Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was riding my raptor 350 when the chain slipped off of the front sprocket ( and that's not first time either ) but I noticed that a peice of the engine block that juts out around be from sprocket that the sprocket guard bolts onto, it had chipped off. I saw no major problem with it so got the chain back on ( that required taking the front sprocket off ) and I continued riding. After a while I looked and I saw that an even larger piece had chipped off and it had revealed a hole that a bolt from he sprocket cover should be going in. The hole was emitting oil and exhuast was also coming from it. What should I do? Is the engine block doesn't look like it's iron or steel and cannot be welded shut. Maybe I could fill it with some sort of epoxy or putty, any ideas? I have images here: https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer?fgl=true&pli=1#album/100312798972092208849/5660893053717854529

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Your picasa link is bad.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
that metal can't be welded easily if at all I would dip a short bolt in jb weld and stick it in the whole

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that metal can't be welded easily if at all I would dip a short bolt in jb weld and stick it in the whole
I took your advice and got some JB weld onto the bolt and around the hole and after letting it sit for a day and a night I rode it. It works great, doesn't pop out and I cant see any oil leaking from the hole. Thanks for the great advice.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I took your advice and got some JB weld onto the bolt and around the hole and after letting it sit for a day and a night I rode it. It works great, doesn't pop out and I cant see any oil leaking from the hole. Thanks for the great advice.
glad it worked just keep an eye on it;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts