Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be breaking my motor all the way down the rebuild. I m going to stroke it , 102 piston , head and valve work, and aggressive cam. Ideas would be great, on length of stroke, piston compression, and cam that would work great together. Thanks .::)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Gotta know what you're doing with it, how you ride, and what you're expecting out of it.

Hotrods sells a cookie cutter kit with stroker crank, piston, and cam that all work just fine together.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ride sand dunes and dry sandy river bottoms. I also dont like getting beat when we line up. Need at least mid 50's hp to handle those bored 450's. I don't want to be dissapointed when finished, what I mean is I want to get it right the first time. I want it extreme and still ridable.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Those bored 450's could be making mid 50s and carrying around a lot less weight doing it. Methinks you're going to be looking at a good port job and a set of FCRs. The displacement of what's underneath isn't going to be as important.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Probably want a good port, X4 cam and maybe a 3-plugger (depending on budget).

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, change of plans , I have purchased a new in box trinity 719 motor.owner had to sell as soon as trinity was done with it. I got a pretty good deal, here's what I got. Trinity broke down motor and build with all new parts. +4 crank, 102mm piston , 12/1 compression , trinty port and polish on head , + 2 kw valves and springs, x4 cam, all new gears and trinity racing clutch. Will have more details when build sheets get here with motor. Will my full yosi be able to keep up? Also I am looking for a set of 39mm fcr carbs.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The yoshi can make very good power, but you'll still see a meaningful increase with a large sparks or a set of duals.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok , I will be looking for some duals now ,along with 39mm fcr carbs..........

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Motor will be here on Friday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts