Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which brand of engine case guard is the best and most protective? What brand do you use and why? I need to replace the stocker and would like to purchase the most protective. I am reading a lit about people breaking theirs on here and I want to get it protected before it's too late.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I have a modquad red one that I put the oem one on top of. Any billet case saver should work. I just wanted the sproket covered up so I put the oem on top since I was worried about things getting caught.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Ive never seen it so I wasnt sure how it would be. Atleast with the modquad I know it would be good and I just got longer bolts to hold the cover on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
the best case saver you can buy, hands down is UPP. they are made out of polyureathane and are seriousily heavy duty and offer WAY more protection then any aluminum or billet one available. i run one on every bike i own!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upp also appears to be open on top of the sprocket. I noticed that TM has one that encloses it as well?

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah, the upp leaves the face of the sprocket open.. if your looking to have a sprocket cover as well, then TM Designs is the way to go. heres a picture of a upp on my yfz

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On upp website there is a pack. What is the rollers and chain guides for? Can they be used with the pro armor skids?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow thank u for the pic that looks a little scary to me to have all of that open like that. Hmm I guess the upp may not be for me. How does everyone clean and lube their chains? What kind of lube do you use a spray, liquid?

·
Registered
49 Posts
scary??? no, that case saver will take any impact its given.. you can mount your stock sprocket guard on top of the upp case saver if you want..

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I went with the tm design works saver because it has the gaurd built in. I didn't like having the sprocket exposed either haha I have gotten my pant legs torn off before. Not sure how well you can see it in the pic but here it is. And here is the link to their website http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=127

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
now what happens with a billet case saver if the chain brakes and smakes into it?

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
I went with the tm design works saver because it has the gaurd built in. I didn't like having the sprocket exposed either haha I have gotten my pant legs torn off before. Not sure how well you can see it in the pic but here it is. And here is the link to their website http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=127
i have that one the tm design one with the integrated sprocket cover it was well worth the money ! has plenty of protection ,no open sprocket.:D

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
now what happens with a billet case saver if the chain brakes and smakes into it?
i have that one the tm design one with the integrated sprocket cover it was well worth the money ! has plenty of protection ,no open sprocket.:D
Ooops I forgot to post the pic lol here it is
Yeah lucky IMO this is the best saver out there.
Hey scott the problem with the billet savers is that there is no shock absorbtion and the mounting tabs on the case where your saver bolts up to snap off when you have a derailment. The poly savers absorb just enough shock to hopefully avoid that from happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Upp said they are in the design part of creating an optional piece that will go over the current upp case saver and will strengthen up the existing saver. So u might want to think about buying from them and just use the stock cover on top of the upp saver until they put their covers out. And no I am not trying to push their product I am just telling u what upp told me so u can make an informed decision. Just my .02.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts