Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im wondering what i should use to clean the extirer of my engine with, and a basic how to i guess. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
simple green will work or castrol purple power

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I use simple green and if too dirty then I spray some Mother's wheel cleaner and spray down.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I clean everything but the plastic with an orange cleaner. The reason I dont use it on the plastic is because it makes it dull looking, but a little bit of water would get it shiny again. I am not sure if any other states beside MI have it, there is a guy in the U.P. that makes it from orange peels.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I am looking for somethin that will get the grime off my bike. I scrubbed for 2 hours yesterday and while the places I can reach are clean the areas I can't really stand out. Like where the swinger meets the frame and such. Also the a-arms/frame area is caked with grease. With the exception of elbow grease and a tooth brush is there any degreaser that will loosen it up a bit?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Load it up in the truck and take it to the Car wash if you don't have a power Washer and spray it down with a cleaner and blow it off just don't get close to you stickers if its a good power washer. I have to do this all the time and it works great. I use a 2500psi Hotsey with a burner on it so the water is hot and it does a good job.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yeah I've done that before with my old blaster and I was kindly asked not to come back. I did a quick search before I posted on this thread and it looks like everyone is using purple power and mean green. Guess I'll give one of those a try

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah I've done that before with my old blaster and I was kindly asked not to come back. I did a quick search before I posted on this thread and it looks like everyone is using purple power and mean green. Guess I'll give one of those a try
They told you not to come back??? Hell I've taken my truck in to many car washes and its been 100 times worse then my quads and I have never had a problem. I always sprayed the mud into the drain tho. They didn't care as long as they didn't clean it. It was alot of mud to...

·
Master of the Electron
15,653 Posts
Gunk engine degreaser and a garden hose - power washers cause too much water ingress to places you can't afford it - seals, bearings, etc. You won't notice the problem now; but a year from now when your swing axle bearings fail, for example, you will.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Yeah its posted its not allowed. No atvs, semi trucks, dump trucks blah blah blah. The guy wasn't an ass or anything. He said the mud and grease clogs his drains. If I woulda thought about that I wouldn't have done it.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
:lol: yeah for real. I have a few ex's that I wouldn't mind swabbin their tooth brushes in a mix of shit water

1 - 14 of 14 Posts