Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a break down of the engine codes for people that don't have the manual. Fisrt to let everyone know how this works. When you have the check engine light come on there is some flashes that will tell you a #. There would be slower longer flashes that tell you what the frist # will be. Then there would be faster shorter flashes that will tell you the second #. Now for exp. if you get two short long flashes with four short faster ones, then that whould tell you that that is a code 24.

CODES / ITEM

12 Crankshaft position sensor
13 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit)
14 Intake air pressure sensor (hose line)
15 Throttle position sensor (open or closed circuit)
16 Throttle position sensor
21 Coolant temperture sensor
22 Intake ait temperture sensor (open or closed circuit)
30 Lean angle sensor (latch up detected)
33 Ignition coil (faulty ignition)
41 Lean angle sensor (open or closed circuit)
42 Speed sensor/ Neutral switch
43 Fuel system voltage (monitoring voltage)
44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on EEPROM
46 Vehicle system power supply (monitioring voltage)
50 ECU internal malfunction (memory check error)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have got a code 46 flahing at me and i cant figure it out. i have downloaded the service manual and it doesnt really help. i did check the batter voltage and went ahead and charged it. it turns over like a champ, but wont fire up. can anyone give insight? thanks

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Could be a bad battery though that's doubtful. I would check all the connections on the battery terminals and all the wiring harness's. The starter solenoid connections as well. That usually means that there's a bad wiring connection off the main supply which is the battery. Pull the contacts off and use a wire brush or a flat file on them and make sure there clean. It doesn't hurt to coat everything in di-electric grease either which is found at your local carquest/autozone/nape/etc store.
Peace
Craig

·
Registered
3 Posts
battery and connections are all good and turns over fine. i havnt really dug into the problem that much because weather has been bad. but i will def check the rest of the harness and the fuses. by the way... it did this after i power washed all the mud off. after i got it all clean i fired it up and let it run for bout ten sec then hit the gas and it reved up and then died, there were no unusual noises so i dont think i messed up the internals. idk. i gotta mess with it some more. thanks tho

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
battery and connections are all good and turns over fine. i havnt really dug into the problem that much because weather has been bad. but i will def check the rest of the harness and the fuses. by the way... it did this after i power washed all the mud off. after i got it all clean i fired it up and let it run for bout ten sec then hit the gas and it reved up and then died, there were no unusual noises so i dont think i messed up the internals. idk. i gotta mess with it some more. thanks tho
Well did you power wash it with the seat off? Thats the problem. You have water in a connection shorting it out. I would put it in a heated shop if possible for a few days and leave the seat off and let it dry off really good.
Peace
Craig

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well i had the dealership tell me my tps was stuck wide open. So it should be giving that code when i turn the key on correct?? When i turn the key on, the check engine light comes on like its supposed to, but dosent flash or anything. Do the codes only come up when plugged into a diag. machine, or if something is wrong and it has a code problem, should it flash it when i turn the key on??

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Its hit and miss. When my tps went bad it didn't flash at all. Whats your quad doing? Mine, I had to keep at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle just to keep it running. Then once I let off it would die. It wouldn't idle at all! Keep in mind if you replace the tps you will have to re-calibrate it. Then if your running a PCIII or PC5 you will have to reset it in your software to.
Peace
Craig

·
Registered
138 Posts
i posted in the discussion section. My mechanic seems to think its an injector problem. Well i brought it to dealership and they said my tps was stuck wide open, and also getting a crankshaft code, but could be due to quad running bad. It wont even crank now, but when it did, it hardly would idle, smoked black smoke, and the normal signs of the tps from the posts ive read on here. The bad thing is though was my oil was full of gas also, so it might be a number of things wrong with my quad. It went from running perfect, to me cranking it one day and it doing all kinds of crazy things. I have a sparks programmer on it.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
i posted in the discussion section. My mechanic seems to think its an injector problem. Well i brought it to dealership and they said my tps was stuck wide open, and also getting a crankshaft code, but could be due to quad running bad. It wont even crank now, but when it did, it hardly would idle, smoked black smoke, and the normal signs of the tps from the posts ive read on here. The bad thing is though was my oil was full of gas also, so it might be a number of things wrong with my quad. It went from running perfect, to me cranking it one day and it doing all kinds of crazy things. I have a sparks programmer on it.
Well on a carbeaurated model it would indicate a possibly stuck needle/or leaky float. But on these the efi should shut off and not flood the engine. How much gas is in the oil exactly? If its running like crap and you ran it for a while. Then I would guess that the gas didn't burn properly and leaked down into the crank case. Its just a guess, but is probably what happened. I would start with a new plug. They act really funny when the plugs cold foul.
Peace
Craig

·
Registered
138 Posts
When i drained the oil, i originally put 2.2 quarts in bike. There was well over 4 quarts total that came out of the bike and resivoir, and looked chalky white colored. I changed the plug, and the bike would crank but still run horribly. It fouls plugs in a matter of a few cranks though. Its fouled 3 already.. And no i didnt run it a while. It never drove like that, it may have idled at the most a few minutes, but never drove it like that at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well did you power wash it with the seat off? Thats the problem. You have water in a connection shorting it out. I would put it in a heated shop if possible for a few days and leave the seat off and let it dry off really good.
Peace
Craig

thanks for all the help and suggestions. and sorry about the late response. but it turned out to be just a fouled spark plug. i got to the injector and tested it with my noid light and it was good and then the easy part last which was to check spark and compression. i had spark but my plug was wet with gas. i cleaned it and it fired right up as usual. it should hav been the first thing i done but i took it for granted. oh well. raptors dont like the cold thats for sure. thanks man

·
Registered
138 Posts
hey guys, i had a code that flashed on my 06 the other day. I turned the key to the on position, and the engine light flashed solid for probaly one second, than blinked twice after that. Well i cranked it anyway and rode it for a few minutes. I turned it off and when i turned it on again the check engine light never showed the code again. I think my contacts could be dirty or something bc sometimes when i hit my start button when the key is on and bike is in neutral it dosent start. Its not clicking or anything like a bad battery, just does nothing. I have to hit the start button a few times. Maybe thats what the code is flashing, im not sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
code 12

I had a code 12 on my quad, i changed the crank shaft sensor and the quad and nothing has changed with the way the quad is running but the code has stopped. It is still popping and splutering on low revs, on high revs the quad is running fien but seems to have lost a little bit of power. Can anyone help??? Cheers :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts