Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Power Commander last week. Last weekened I went to do a trail and I gave it all it had for a few minutes. When I stop the engine died. I tried to start it back up but it smelled like pure gasoline, like if it had no spark or something. I had to be pulled with another ATV til I got home where I tried again but nothing. The engine turned but just the smell of gasoline. After washing it the next day I tried and it started right up like nothing happened. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
What are your mods and what map are you running? Do you have the accelerator pump feature enabled and if so what's your settings?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Trinity Racing Yamaha Raptor 700 KN Intake Kit K&N
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110007342919&category=43979

2. Stock exhaust with Spark arrestor removed.

3. Acceletator pump: I only use it for trails so 90% sensitivity, 15% Fuel increase, 20 Engine Revolutions. I have no idea what this means but is what is on the Power Commander site. I live in a warm weather area so if you have a suggestion please let me know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have no idea what map, FUEL MOTO did it for me. I am new with this thing, How can I see if its to rich and how can I fix it?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
jwaked said:
Have no idea what map, FUEL MOTO did it for me. I am new with this thing, How can I see if its to rich and how can I fix it?
Search the forum for plug check and do that.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
jwaked said:

Do you have a lap top or a long USB cable? If so you can pull the map up and save it.
Then if you want you can email me the map file and I'll look at it and see how much fuel their adding to the curve.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awsome. I will try that tomorrow and emailed it to you. Is your email address on your profile? Thanks man

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
wow....yeah, I think your just a tad rich. Since there is NO map for your mods unfortunately, I am betting they went off of one of the milder slip-ons with your mods.......

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
jwaked said:
awsome. I will try that tomorrow and emailed it to you. Is your email address on your profile? Thanks man

Yes it is. If you already posted it I missed it, do you have your lid on or off your airbox?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello Randy,

It did it again. It felt better with your map for sure but it did it again. Here is the story:

We went out and everything was fine. After about one hour of riding the check engine light came one but not too bright (very strange) like last time. I say not to bright because is like is not fully on, but you can see it. It became brigther the more I rode it. After a while it came fully on (bright), I kept going because I was far but it died after a while. The spark plug was wet and the muffler smelled like pure gas. I had to be towed for about 3 hours. The next day it started back up but smelled like gas, very strong smell and the muffler was wet with gas, you can actually touch the tip and get you fingers wet with gas.

I am confused because why would it happen after a few hours of slow riding(because of heavy mud) and not right away. Why the engine light comes on but not to bright at first but gets brighter the more I ride it. why does it flood with gas to the point where it comes out from the mufller. Would it be to lean with the stock map in a 95 degree weather? Should I go with a hotter plug?

I usually ride slow because the trails are full of mud and tight spaces. HELP please. Thanks

P.D. I am not at home thats why I did not email you.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Wow, that's a head scratcher for sure. Is it possible for you to have a Yamaha dealer check it for codes? it sounds like it could be an intermitten problem with the TPS sensor :3question:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts