Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont get on here very much but really need some help on this PLZ. My son broke the frame on his 08 raptopr 700, we got a new frame swapped everything over no problem, now for the trouble. The first time I started it up it ran great, I let it idle for 5 mins to check for leaks, once it got warmed up the check engine light came on. Check for code and get five slow flashes then one fast flash. After looking it up on this forum there is no 51 code but maybe its a 50 ecm check memery. Havent let it run more than 7-9 min but it revs up and idles just fine. Now the check engine light stays on. Im at a loss for what to do and how to fix it. ANY help would be great, its riding season and this is holding us up. THX

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yea... error code 51 ( radiator fan motor relay). You won't find that in any Raptor manual but you will for an R6. It's basically its the radiator fan not coming on. I have the same one for over a year and your the only other person I've heard of with the same problem. Unfortunately its not the relay. My fan works when connected to power, relay was replaced, thermostat replaced, in line circut breaker is good and now according to the manual the only the thing left is the ecu. I think its a bad wire or ground but i can't figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that would explain why no one else replied. I cant figure out what i missed when we replaced the frame, im thinking of taking it down to the stealership and have them plug in to it. Thx for the help sir.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let me know if you figure anything out cause I'm at a loss and might take it to the dealership too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I took the rappy down to the dealer and found out the fault is the speed sensor, cleared the code three times and it came back on as soon as the rear tires moved, this explains why it came on when we started it on the lift with the rear tires in the air. Tech checked the cooling system, everything works. Good friend of mine owns Next level power sports with a dyno, she put down 41 hp. Not to bad for a stock motor with only a velocity air filter and exhaust core pulled out and at 6200 ft. Now for the killer, that stupid sensor is $62-$84 bucks, gota wonder why do they have it?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
its just there to limit top speed. it retards timing at around 6200 i think in high gear so it wont go any faster. most people unplug it anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts