Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fist off all i want to say i got a HUGE help from this forum, i live in israel and the knowladge about atv's here is minor to say the least. was really glad to find this forum with all of you helpful people!
so today while doing a regular check on my quad i checked its oil, i started it up after it rest a the night, let it work for five mins then shutted it and waited 5 more mins, i took out the oil indecator, cleaned it and put it back in without screwing it, got it out and heres the result:

it is way over the F indecator, is it bad for the quad? what should i do?

the secont thing is about my chain, i got the rear end of the quad off the ground, started it, put it in 1st and let go of the clutch.
the chain seem to spin in a odd way, it bumps evrey couple of spins as you can see in the video, is it normal? if not what should i do?

Video
http://youtu.be/BxIzOCUm3Yw

thanks in advance!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hello, fist off all i want to say i got a HUGE help from this forum, i live in israel and the knowladge about atv's here is minor to say the least. was really glad to find this forum with all of you helpful people!
so today while doing a regular check on my quad i checked its oil, i started it up after it rest a the night, let it work for five mins then shutted it and waited 5 more mins, i took out the oil indecator, cleaned it and put it back in without screwing it, got it out and heres the result:

it is way over the F indecator, is it bad for the quad? what should i do?

the secont thing is about my chain, i got the rear end of the quad off the ground, started it, put it in 1st and let go of the clutch.
the chain seem to spin in a odd way, it bumps evrey couple of spins as you can see in the video, is it normal? if not what should i do?

Video
http://youtu.be/BxIzOCUm3Yw

thanks in advance!
As far as your chain, check for tight spots manually by bending the chain with your hands to see if it is seized, but very rarely do you see a chain running smoothly on a one cylinder powered bike.
Your oil level being slightly high should not cause an issue.............

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
The oil level can vary alot, depending on how and when you check it, as long as you know it is not overfilled, if not sure...I would change the oil so I knew what was in there. otherwise I would not sweat it. The chain jerking and such while in gear and the rear wheels off the ground at idle is normal, mine does it and always has from new....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i dont think u can "over lube" a chain in a bad way all its going to do is get oil all over the place. also i would try getting some chain wax at fleet farm, or any automotive store. sticks better

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Dirt will stick to wd-40 and will turn your chain into sandpaper on your sprocket, 1 revolution of chain lube is fine anymore and it wont hurt it @ all you'll just b wasting ur lube and getting it all over ur a bike.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The chain jerking like this could be links that are stuck, I had that on my old chain... It makes a noise though so if you have no particular noise I wouldn't worry too much about it. Turn it by hand, you'll spot any stuck links pretty quick.. You can work 'em by hand with some visegrips and if you can't unstick them, you might want to look at a new chain.

Also look for missing rollers inside the links... A friend of mine lost a few recently and we couldn't figure out what was happening, it was making a racket at higher speeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts