Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, is it okay to use a product that says it stops oil leaking, in my quad? The brand is something like "no Leak" and it says its safe in all cars. I was wondering 2 things: 1, does it work? and 2, would it be okay for the clutch? The leak is very small, after riding, just at the head gasket,there is a little oil on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Products like these, to my knowledge, swell rubber components and gaskets to "stop leaks." I've never used one before... as it's just a band-aid. I'm willing to bet it would ruin the oil bath clutch though.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I wouldn't risk it....if its just the clutch cover then buy some gasket maker and clean the area really good then apply the gasket maker...I've done that and it works good....just give it lots of time to cure

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
AS said previously, this oil leak stopper stuff makes the rubber seal compositon get softer and also could cause it so swell, something like putting brake fluid into your oil or even worse, oil into the brake fluid, it will cause the rubber to swell and get soft..........

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks guys, good thing i didn't buy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts