Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Happy Sunday... Hope some folks got to do some riding this weekend.

I was wondering what the best oil and viscosity is to use for our Raptor 700's? Also, I was curious about additives. In the auto world, I pretty much use 5W-30 Full Synthetic for most vehicles unless they specifically call for a different grade. I also like to use Marvel Mystery Oil both in the engine oil and gas per the recomended amounts Marvel says to add. Since the engine and transmission in the Raptor use the same oil, what I do for autos may not apply here. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently heard Amsoil is the best out there. After tested literally no wear on the piston. Just what I heard.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Hi All, Happy Sunday... Hope some folks got to do some riding this weekend.

I was wondering what the best oil and viscosity is to use for our Raptor 700's? Also, I was curious about additives. In the auto world, I pretty much use 5W-30 Full Synthetic for most vehicles unless they specifically call for a different grade. I also like to use Marvel Mystery Oil both in the engine oil and gas per the recomended amounts Marvel says to add. Since the engine and transmission in the Raptor use the same oil, what I do for autos may not apply here. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Pete
Yamalube-R 10W30 (pending cliamte) and add a lil LUCAS for extra lubrication 8)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. So if you guys use Lucas, then maybe adding a little Marvel Mystery Oil to my Raptor's engine oil isn't a bad thing?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I use mobil 1 racing 4t 10w-40. They sell it at autozone.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
there are so many oil threads that one should be stickied in the maintenance forum alone...I use amsoil 20-50

1 - 7 of 7 Posts