Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasnt gonna worry about this for awhile but I have been practicing at a local track and think my raptor could run better. When i go into Second gear and throttle it, it sounds like the engine is going alot faster then the speed but when I release back on the throttle it accelerates better. I have tried it out on the streets and its like this through all the gears. Is it a clutch slipping or involve the carbs. I dont know how else to to explain it but the engine is out reving the speed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is slipping......................

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Willy if you were in my shoes and you were somewhat mechanically inclined would you temp this or better off paying someone that does it for a living. I know how to do it on my trucks and have done it but is this gonna be out my league.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Clutch is cake. Hardest part is figuring the right way to get the cover off. Just remember to put the back lower bolt on the cover before you put it on as you can't put it in there after it on the motor. If you have basic hand tools and can take out bolts then go for it.

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
From your description, I can't imagine it being anything but the clutch.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok Willy if you were in my shoes and you were somewhat mechanically inclined would you temp this or better off paying someone that does it for a living. I know how to do it on my trucks and have done it but is this gonna be out my league.
If you can change a truck clutch you can do a bike clutch, they are lighter, jusst take your time on dismantling, look at all the parts, and you wont have a problem..............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts