Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finished up sleeving the cylinder today....this is what 1mm of material looks like on a standard size sheet of paper!

Heres the finished product, check out the crosshatch and parting line of the sleeve(or the nonexistent line I might say 8)):

And my Wiseco piston...which weighs 535.4 grams(pin and rings included) compared to the 1mm smaller stockers 537.2- its lighter and bigger :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It works fine, but with your mods you might be better off with the pcIII, you will be able to fine tune better, the dobeck is more if your gonna stick with the big 3 mods

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for lettin me know. I love this stuff, anytime I can modify something metal Im good :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supposed to, the 102mm stock bore makes it 686cc and another mm to 103 makes it 700. I havent done the math, JE website says it does(I was originally going to run the JE).

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hey Velociraptor, I have a couple of questions. How much did the kit cost. where did you get it at and how much would u charge to bore 1mm. Thanks just wondering because i have my engine broke down right now. I had to change both crank cases because I landed on a big fucking rock one day and cracked both sides. Sucks, i know, just figured i could do a little while it was already broke down. again thanks WOODY

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the piston and cylinder put together just now(waited on a gasket that had to come from BFE lol). I didnt measure the distance from the top of the piston at TDC and the top of the cylinder on the stock stuff but Ive done some quick measuring on my new stuff and it looks like the piston is .055" in the hole at TDC :3question:, thats a ton to me. The older SBC engines were .025-.030" in the hole and some of the newer 5.0 Ford engines are .005" out of the hole, LS1 is usually .007" out of the hole so what gives. I hope this engine wasnt designed that way :mad:. Givin up a lot of power with a design like that :eek:. I can deal with .015 or less but over .050" is out there to me. I am thinkin about milling .040" off the cylinder but that would make the timing chain .080 too long plus the .012" I milled off the head....that would make the chain .104" longer tha what Yamaha intended :(. I know the tensioner would take care of it but it would be out of adjustment sooner and would require replacement more frequently :'(......I guess ya gotta pay to play......

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just finished the assembly of the engine and it turned out great. Lookin forward to firin this beast up. I set the valves at .1mm intake and .18mm exhaust, should do fine. Ill double check em once the engine is ran in :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts