Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy [email protected]!!! 265 - 339 degrees?! That is hot. Are you adding 2TooCool or anything to the oil to drop the temps? When you say you are checking the oil temp, are you just using a plain ole' thermometer and dipping it in the oil or are you using some fancy digital thermometer?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I remember my Raptor 250 getting extremely hot, and it had an oil cooler. It's completely normal.. My recommendation for anybody with an air cooled machine is to run them a little more on the rich side so they won't burn so hot inside the combustion chamber...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to incorporate a 250 oil cooler onto a 125. I think this will help with oil temp. This requires engine dissassemble though... There are other things you can do to keep cylinder temp down as well.

Thanks,
Jason Weidner

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think an oil cooler would be a great idea and would be interested in reading up on anything you come up with, just bought a new 125 the day after thanksgiving and planning my mods now, Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.