Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive decided that i am going to install an 11:1 wiseco piston a stage 2 hotcam w/ new springs and probably do a port job..just wanna know if it is a good idea or if im leaving something out that i need to do..i also heard from someone that it would increase my HP to around mid 50's is this true :3question:

·
Registered
210 Posts
That combo should be good for mid 50's provided you have a good pipe and a free flowing air filter set up.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
This is a over simplification-imagine a small straw...like a coffee one ... see how hard it is to blow through it. Sort of hard to get all that air through there. Now get a straw thats like something you get with your supersized happy meal (a lot bigger).. lot easier to blow through it. Your motor works the same way. The easier and free'r flowing the air moves through; the more hp you get.

Even with a better motor kit, better air-flow is still restricted by your stock exhaust. If anything your making your motor work harder and use more gas to work against the restriction....with a little gain hp.

Bottomline..you need an exhaust to make the most out of you motor..stock or mod'd.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
go ahead and do the 11:1 and the stage 2. Both are solid choices for most Raptor applications and neither can be beat in the bang-for-the-buck department. See how you like that, if its not enough power, you can always have the head flowed and get some duals and FCRs when you do. My 673 makes 65HP and 49TQ with the cam and piston you are going to use. Now I get that much because of the porting and use of the Barkers and 39FCRs but even without those, you will have a solid foundation to build from.

BTW, I'd recommend you just go with the 101 bore piston, that way your sleeve still has room to be bored once more if ever necessary and you get a good, fresh and true bore to work with by boreing it 40 over, just make sure you use a reputable machine shop and they set the piston to wall clearance to .003 on the Wiseco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.