Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m getting an erratic misfire which is most noticeable when I’m trying to maintain a steady RPM. Every few seconds I get that hesitation. The plug is fine and I do have an aftermarket Dayna ignition. It’s also fair to say that at least one carb needs to be rebuilt since the float is not working. (Over fills the bowl and leaks out the overflow tube) So before I go thru the hassle of replacing the ignition and or coil, any suggestions? Also if you are inclined to comment on another issue, after I installed a stage 2 Hot Cam it seems very noisy valve tick … Maybe I’m hyper sensitive to the sound but its been bothering me. I did do a valve adjustment per spec with no change in sound.
Thanks, Will.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I’m getting an erratic misfire which is most noticeable when I’m trying to maintain a steady RPM. Every few seconds I get that hesitation. The plug is fine and I do have an aftermarket Dayna ignition. It’s also fair to say that at least one carb needs to be rebuilt since the float is not working. (Over fills the bowl and leaks out the overflow tube) So before I go thru the hassle of replacing the ignition and or coil, any suggestions? Also if you are inclined to comment on another issue, after I installed a stage 2 Hot Cam it seems very noisy valve tick … Maybe I’m hyper sensitive to the sound but its bee bothering me. I did do a valve adjustment per spec with no change in sound.
Thanks, Will.
Aftermarket cams are noisier then stock, unless you tighten the valve specs..............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have the stock springs; I misstated it being stage 2. It’s actually a mudbuster Hot Cam which was suggested on the forum to have a nice power kick without the need for springs. Can I add the springs or will that cause another issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts