Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was recently reading another post (which I can't find now) about adding this evac valve. It got me to thinking that I don't have much protection on mine. I have the FCI intake with box. Its still full open top though.

My question is, couldn't I just buy an automobile PCV valve? These are a one way valve correct? I believe there are different size PCV valves. If this would be sufficient, should I just find one that the hose fits and call it good? Or is there something else to consider? Would it be good to tap it back into the intake tube like autos do?

If this would work fine it would be a huge savings over that kds valve. Under $10 compared to $60-$70 for kds valve.

Also, do you guys have a continuous flow of air out that vent tube? Mine is a solid low pressure flow. If thats normal, why would we need anything anyway? No dirt or sand should be able to pass back into the motor.:help:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Theoretically i would say yes any pcv valve would work. But I'm sure there will be arguments like the KDS valve seals better or something and that's why they are more expensive. Or because they are billet and cost more to produce. I'm sure this thread will be debated LOL
But your vent tube should push pressure out on the downstroke of the piston and draw air in on the upstroke so yes you can suck debris into the crankcase. I just use a mini filter on mine to eliminate the problem.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get a puffing or in out effect at my breather. Its just steady air out. I think thats a little strange though. I know there is some small blow by that happens on all motors and as the engine heats up the air inside expands as well, but to have a continuous pressure seems odd.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
This how I did it can use just the filter but I used both as you can see.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone else have an opinion on rather a PCV valve will work?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bueller.....Bueller.....Bueller.....

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
This has been covered ad nauseum here and over at no mercy. If you search around you can find the threads.

The explanation given before was that there was a difference in response time. In a single cylinder application your'e talking about little pulse, not a constant steady flow.

If you think it will work just as well try it and let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts