Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen one do it quite a few times today at a MX track. I was on it........gotta love these Raptors. Ran with the dirt bikes today- 18 or so bikes and 1 Raptor :thumbsup: and I was all over most of em 8)

·
Registered
960 Posts
lol i did 70ft out 15 feet in up on my stock shock 660 only thing is i had a hmf pipe i also did a 70ft table that i over shot and did close to 100ft on lol it needs new shocks

·
Registered
350 Posts
ironraptor04 said:
lol i did 70ft out 15 feet in up on my stock shock 660 only thing is i had a hmf pipe i also did a 70ft table that i over shot and did close to 100ft on lol it needs new shocks
I still havent figured out a good launch technique on my 660........ my 250r was fantastic but this things unpredictbale.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Now thats what Im talking about. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey veloci, I also have been doin alot more jumping at that track down the road from me w all stockers. Nothin as quite as big as yours im sure, but mannnn am I getting better. Im the dude that thought I bent tie rods or somethin but now looked to be like some dam illusion or smthn.haha. Anyhoo, are your shocks just the cheaper click adjusting ones or do u have the yfz, se ones? Just wondering where maybe I should set mine at. Im sure its a matter of preference, but they were at 2 originally and i bumped them up to like the 4th setting and I thought I might have liked it a little more firm. Whats your thought on that if u have the same. I dont get no where up like the bikes there do, just not as possible plus im beggining still ha.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine are on the lowest setting on the front(no YFZs, just stockers) and the rear is set stiff on the compression to even it out front to rear. Although mine is far from stock on power output I was gettin the same air as 95% of all the bike guys. When some of them would take brakes together they would watch me ride :lol:. There is a "hopital jump" on the back side of the track that the take off ramp is about 7-8ft high and is about a 50-60ft double and I was probably hittin 20-22ft in the air(the ramp was already 7-8ft remember). With my power and gearing I was able to do everytime at the top of 3rd 8) were the bike guys was in 4th.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
when I wakeboard and get 4-5ft of air I feel like I'm 60feet in the air, I dont see how you guys do it? :wtf:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Machy said:
when I wakeboard and get 4-5ft of air I feel like I'm 60feet in the air, I dont see how you guys do it? :wtf:
I know, I went to school with Nate Adams and saw him ride a few times at some local spots before he made it huge and it is absolutly amazing what they do. He was hitting a 75+ foot jump like it was nothing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I gotten maybe 9-10 feet high at most in sand with stock suspension but it feels a hell of alot higher when your up there. And it's not a very soft landing at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
this is me at silve lake last summer this was about a 60 footer and form the peak im droping a good 20ft on stock shocks im geting beter for this year.
those landings were not bad glad it was sand hehe

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
capt_ron said:
this is me at silve lake last summer this was about a 60 footer and form the peak im droping a good 20ft on stock shocks im geting beter for this year.
those landings were not bad glad it was sand hehe
Hey c.ron you up at silver lk in mich too at the dunes. Went 3 times there last yr but more this yr :thumbsup:U michrider too?

·
Registered
77 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Mine are on the lowest setting on the front(no YFZs, just stockers) and the rear is set stiff on the compression to even it out front to rear. Although mine is far from stock on power output I was gettin the same air as 95% of all the bike guys. When some of them would take brakes together they would watch me ride :lol:. There is a "hopital jump" on the back side of the track that the take off ramp is about 7-8ft high and is about a 50-60ft double and I was probably hittin 20-22ft in the air(the ramp was already 7-8ft remember). With my power and gearing I was able to do everytime at the top of 3rd 8) were the bike guys was in 4th.
Hey Veloci u doin some serious jumpin there..... (y-your craazy.....i like u man.......but your craaazy)<--- straight out of "old school" movie.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Helll yh thats cool, would like to see that. We taped all are times at the track and I turned it into dvds. Too bad I cant even post pics on here cuz I suck at and hate computers.

·
Registered
28 Posts

We measured this one at 48ft.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are you guys landin these things cool, like level and all no probs. I know you can adjust in the air w brake & throttle, I just think I would like freak out and do the wrong control to straighten out for the land. Dam ive got to get better at more airtime, you guys makin me look bad here.... :banghead:
Is it throttle frt up and rr brake frt down?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The secret is to be 16 and fearless, oh and not have to make it back into work on Monday. The picture is my buddies 16yr old son, he was hitting the dune in 4th gear and on that last jump he bottomed out the front when he landed. I never had a problem going in nose to low, but then again I only hit it in 3rd gear and landed right about where his shadow is.

U are right if U tap Ur brake in the air the front will come down, and if U give it throttle the front goes up, kinda like the panic rev my brother-in-law did when he came up short on a triple and broke his collerbone.

I like to power up the dune or jump and kinda try bunny hoppeing like on a bike and don't have problems with the front end, but then again I'm not even close to the 50ft mark either.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts