Raptor Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
If you see me getting air like that these days it's time to call the meat wagon, cus I'm headed for the mother of all wreck's :help:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Randy come out and try it on our April trip. U gonna bring the new sand dragster out and play soon. That thing sounds like its gonna be awsome!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I'm hoping to have it out for it's maiden voyage at Dumont on Feb 24th & 25th

If all goes well I'll try to hook up with you guys at Winchester or coos bay for the April trip.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Cheech, that is some awesome camara work. I recognize the place too. Right in my backyard. I am not a big jumper but there are some really nice one's right in that area.

Craig,

·
Registered
283 Posts
You guys think your going far? You should check out huevos 9! In the first scene the guys got like 140 feet.
Btw werent you the guy the cracked your subframe from jumping to much? haha

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Im not sure what cracked it really. It was never wrecked and I didnt notice it until I washed it one day. There is a possibility that jumping done it but back when I found the crack I was doin good gettin enough hair up to jump over a 20-25ft double so I seriously doubt jumping done it. Yamaha warrantied it so to me its all good lol. I will say that there is a weak spot right there on the rear part of the main frame so keep a watchful eye just above the swingarm bolt whole if your "aggressive" ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Alright i thought i remembered you had a prob like that. Ive bent my arm from charging the whoops to fast and too long already, i guess i could say im aggresive, i race xc

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just got back from the track, got a short clip of me hittin a step up 60ft triple and the when I get back into the picture I rev out a 3rd gear wheelie real quick before the turn to the 50ft double(which is fun as hell BTW). :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice :thumbsup: I wish I had a double like that to hit close by me. The table tops that I hit are just a little over 40 feet. The doubles are only at 30 feet. I guess there better then nothing. Once I can decide on the shocks that I am going with, I will have to start looking for some better tracks.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah, mines still stock suspension so Im pushin it but it does pretty good as long as I hit the jumps the right way every time- does keep me focused so that when I do get some suspension I will be "better" at my form and picking the right lines.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have bottomed out my front shocks about four times now, but only because I got carried away on the table tops and overshot my landing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If the jumps have a nice face it doesn't take a lot of speed unless the face isn't so steep. I hit them all in 3rd.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats, the Shizzle :thumbsup: I guess i can wait to spend 2 grand on shocks and arms until i start hitting that 30Ft mark. i tip the scales at a light 225lbs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The secret is to be 16 and fearless, oh and not have to make it back into work on Monday. The picture is my buddies 16yr old son, he was hitting the dune in 4th gear and on that last jump he bottomed out the front when he landed. I never had a problem going in nose to low, but then again I only hit it in 3rd gear and landed right about where his shadow is.
I know what you mean. Last summer my 14 year old was jumping 50'-55' on a Warrior at Little Sahara in Oklahoma. I wasn't going near that far and it was scaring the bejesus out of me. I'll be even more worried this summer as he's now riding my old Z400. :help:

Kids.

Later,
Matt

·
Registered
166 Posts
Never, especially with no rider! :grin_nod:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts