Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed my Dr D full system and after riding a few hrs I noticed it leaks where the slip-on connects to the midpipe.Does any one know how to stopping it from leaking?There are no clamps it just slips in.

Thanks mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
You don't. It is designed to do that. I have the Trinity exhaust, and mine has no clamps where the headers meet the midpipe. It just slips in and a clamp wouldn't work anyway. It allows for flex and some release of pressure. It kind of functions like a joint with a pipe spring, like a Toomy pipe on my old Blasters, except there is no spring.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Why does that not sound right. What does the manufacturer say?

·
Registered
494 Posts
There is little you can do about it. The manufacturers make a slip joint for a number of reasons. One is that as metal gets hot, it expands and moves around. Youd be suprised how much the exhaust moves when its hot. The next reason is adjustability of fit. Having slip joints and head pipes that rotate make it easier to get everything lined up.

If there were flanges on the dual head pipes, they probably would not fit between the frame and the engine without taking the subframe off to fit the system.

Are the 2 pipes lined up? If they are kicked at an angle they will leak. I had this happen to me when I first installed my Trinity system. I loosened everything up, got the pipes parrallel with one another and slowly torqued everything in a pattern.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys..it sounds like a good idea to loosen everything and re-align,so i'll give that shot and see how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts