Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM LOOKING TO BUY A NEW EXHAUST IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BUY. I WAS LOOKING AT A LTE BUT MY BUDDY THAT OWNS A YAMAHA DEALERSHIP TOLD ME THAT TWINS DONT DO MUCH MORE THAN SINGLES. I JUST BOUGHT A GYTR INTAKE WITH OUTERWEAR. HOOK ME UP WITH SOME INFO THANKS . I RIDE IN PA NORTH PITTSBURGH AREA. WOODS AND STRIP MINES

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love my HMF...It sounds and performs awesome...Most full singles are about the same powerwise though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANY ONE RUN FMF PIPES? I DONT KNOW NUTTIN ABOUT QUADS, I RIDE YZ 250 ALSO AND FMF IS GREAT ON TWO STROKES.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
can you turn off your cap locks?

Its true, all the singles make close to the same peak...but what they do else where differs some. I have heard feedback that the TBR has more bottom end then the hmf. There are differences like these with all the singles. some make more topend, mid, and/or bottom. Thats why it would be nice to have an exhaust shootout worth a shit.
The LTE's probably have the best curve. It has as much low end as most singles, and usually shows about 1-2 more peak hp and then it holds that peak power for a good 1,000rpm's...where as the singles start dropping off after 500...then really drop off by the 1000rpm mark (after peak). If you want to do engine mods, you will see even more of a difference with the LTE's (supposedly ) due to the increased flow

The FMF sounds like its all right, but nothing stellar. I do recomend and run the FMF Power Bomb header though. Its a nice unit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
if your lookn for low end id go wit tha nmotion pipe and from what i hear sounds good to

·
Registered
494 Posts
If your running in the woods, duals are not gonna be the best setup for your application. Duals will produce less low end torque. Duals will make more top end hp than a single setup. I doubt you will be redlined in 5th gear in the woods.

I used to run a Trinity exhaust on my quad.....the header design is the best on the market by far. The fit was not that great(had to machine the flange that goes to the muffler)and the muffler whistels when I let off the gas. Its quite annoying. It made great power though.

I used to have a YZ 250 and Banshee, both with FMF exhausts, the fit and finish were great! Although I havent seen the FMF exhaust for the 700 in person, id be willing to bet its a better design than Trinity's.

What I do know is that the Big Gun exhaust on my friends 700 is junk. The header has short primaries, springs to hold the piping together, and the intermediate pipe from the y to the muff is roughly the same size as stock, wheras the Trinity's is 2.25".

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Glamis700 said:
If your running in the woods, duals are not gonna be the best setup for your application. Duals will produce less low end torque. Duals will make more top end hp than a single setup. I doubt you will be redlined in 5th gear in the woods.

I used to run a Trinity exhaust on my quad.....the header design is the best on the market by far. The fit was not that great(had to machine the flange that goes to the muffler)and the muffler whistels when I let off the gas. Its quite annoying. It made great power though.

I used to have a YZ 250 and Banshee, both with FMF exhausts, the fit and finish were great! Although I havent seen the FMF exhaust for the 700 in person, id be willing to bet its a better design than Trinity's.

What I do know is that the Big Gun exhaust on my friends 700 is junk. The header has short primaries, springs to hold the piping together, and the intermediate pipe from the y to the muff is roughly the same size as stock, wheras the Trinity's is 2.25".
Here is the FMF header. I know what your talking about on other headers with the leads....but the power bomb deal is kinda a different "critter"......The piping after the powerbomb is substantially bigger than stock. I like it. If another header was proven to work better I would probably switch, but untill then I am stickin with this one!

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The GTYR Yamaha stuff is good, I see alot of race guys runnin it(most not sponsored at all). Im gonna run it, ordered mine today........before some one decided to sell theirs ::)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also bought a new 07 GYTR but went with EVO-X (Big Gun) exhaust & headers along with GYTR intake w/cover & dobeck TFI controller. The sound after removing the quiet core was astonishing! Lots of torque and low, low tone with a bark! Nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
[/quote]

Here is the FMF header. I know what your talking about on other headers with the leads....but the power bomb deal is kinda a different "critter"......The piping after the powerbomb is substantially bigger than stock. I like it. If another header was proven to work better I would probably switch, but untill then I am stickin with this one!
[/quote]

135, thats a very clean looking header. I like the D port Y where the pipes come together. Some other headers have the pipes cut at an angle to merge. The Y could have been back further towards the rear, but its still a nice header. I didnt notice a heat shield on there......does your leg get heated up? Is the noise level decent with that Powerbomb(resonator)?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Glamis I agree with most everything you say and by no means am I trying to start an argument with you. You seem to be a really intelligent guy and I really like your turbo set up and think you did a great job with it. Having said that, one place we don't agree is when you state the LTE's have less bottom end. That is a common misconception and has been proven not to be true on the 700R on the Dyno. The LTE's produce just as much and in some cases more low end than most any single out there. I'm not just basing this on my personal opinion and the fact I run LTE's. I'm basing it off of the graphs I have seen at the Local Dyno and feed back from the PCIII tuning guru and Dyno operator whom I've learned a ton from over time.
As well as graphs and feedback I have seen on the web as well as my own personal experience with them on mine and other 700R's. Look into it and I'm sure you will find the same thing as I have. This is in no way meant to insult your intelligence or question your knowledge on the subject, just to point out you might want to look into it and get the true facts.
Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
383 Posts
I see a lot of guys running either HMF full or HMF with the powerbomb. Anybody have an opinion on those (or even FMF full)?

·
Registered
64 Posts
raptair700r said:
I see a lot of guys running either HMF full or HMF with the powerbomb. Anybody have an opinion on those (or even FMF full)?
Full HMF is great. I've had mine for about a month now and I love it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm looking pretty hard at the HMF as well. Looks to be a good system, can be custom powder coated and can be had for a lot less than some others ($350 - $375 from Sweetquads). Does anyone have some decent pix of the system installed, more specifically the header portion?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
There not a thing wrong with the HMF it's a good single system but if your in an area with sound restrictions it is a bit loud but can be quited down with the quite core.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so can anyone recommend a pipe? i am looking to order one very soon.just dont have any idea yet. lte or fmf...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I ordered a Trinity Stage IV full system the other week. Waiting on it to arrive (tomorrow hopefully)

·
Registered
494 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Glamis I agree with most everything you say and by no means am I trying to start an argument with you. You seem to be a really intelligent guy and I really like your turbo set up and think you did a great job with it. Having said that, one place we don't agree is when you state the LTE's have less bottom end. That is a common misconception and has been proven not to be true on the 700R on the Dyno. The LTE's produce just as much and in some cases more low end than most any single out there. I'm not just basing this on my personal opinion and the fact I run LTE's. I'm basing it off of the graphs I have seen at the Local Dyno and feed back from the PCIII tuning guru and Dyno operator whom I've learned a ton from over time.
As well as graphs and feedback I have seen on the web as well as my own personal experience with them on mine and other 700R's. Look into it and I'm sure you will find the same thing as I have. This is in no way meant to insult your intelligence or question your knowledge on the subject, just to point out you might want to look into it and get the true facts.
Thanks,
Randy
Raptor Randy. What size tubing does the LTE system use?

Another question, unrelated to power, how much does the dual system weigh?

Since the LTE system is putting out the same low end torque as the single systems, then I must retract my statement. Im by no means a know it all and have not looked at the dyno printouts. I was thinking of it in terms of the trucks I do exhaust on. Usually gas V8 trucks have more low end torque with a y pipe and single 3" exhaust from there back compared to a dual 2.25" or 2.5" setup. This is especially true if the truck has big tires, not regeared and or towing a heavy trailer.

You seem to do the same type of riding I do Randy(sand) so I appreciate your input.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts