Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to look through the archives so not to ask all the same questions that everyone has already answered but just cant
find it.
I need to know reccomends for exhaust, with power for the dollar and needs to be decibal friendly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe more clear.. I like the duals that are out, but I live in Oregon and ride the dunes and I am seeing people being checked and the decibals on the duals are too high. So I dont want to drop all that money and have to worry about getting a ticket :3question:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I will answer your question without chewing your ass out for asking an exhaust question. I would say get a full HMF setup with the quiet core setup if needed. Alot of people on here run them and they were all about equal as far as single pipes go. They are pretty cheap compared to others and i love mine. Just my 2 cents. There will be other opinions from others as well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ive got the hmf full and have a quiet core but I just cant bring myself to put it on.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Caliraptor did a test awhile ago (maybe 6 months) on singles ant the best I believe was the Big Gun. Ct is also a good single but a lot of people dont like the way it looks. For my money on a single I would go with the Big Gun. Do a search using his name and see what you come up with.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
WMD said:
maybe more clear.. I like the duals that are out, but I live in Oregon and ride the dunes and I am seeing people being checked and the decibals on the duals are too high. So I dont want to drop all that money and have to worry about getting a ticket :3question:

I ride the oregon dunes with my LTE duals and never get hasseled by the sound cops. I do carry my quiet cores in my tool box just in case I see them getting overzealous on the sound checks. You can get down to 93 to 94 db with the quiet cores installed and with the duals and quiet cores you don't lose as much power as you do with a single and a quiet core that will get you down to the legal limit for the Oregon Dunes.

·
Registered
899 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
WMD said:

I ride the oregon dunes with my LTE duals and never get hasseled by the sound cops. I do carry my quiet cores in my tool box just in case I see them getting overzealous on the sound checks. You can get down to 93 to 94 db with the quiet cores installed and with the duals and quiet cores you don't lose as much power as you do with a single and a quiet core that will get you down to the legal limit for the Oregon Dunes.
Hey Randy, When I was there I was a little worried about mine but I heard alot louder than mine. Do you think that more people dont get hassled than do?Or more how respectful you are around population?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
oli700 said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
WMD said:

Hey Randy, When I was there I was a little worried about mine but I heard alot louder than mine. Do you think that more people dont get hassled than do?Or more how respectful you are around population?

I have found that if you don't do stuff to draw attention to yourself (like haul ass and do wheelies right in front of the day staging parking lots) you don't get hasseled. I think you have it figured out, if your repectful of your surroundings you don't get messed with for the most part.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got the HMF QRS (Quiet Race Series) Full System, and it isn't very loud at all. It was the pipe tested by ATV Rider magazine (I won it in a giveaway) which put out just under 96 dB in their test. I had a Yoshi pipe on my old 400EX, and it was much louder than this one. I wouldn't have thought about buying this one before, but now that I've got it, I'd recommend it to others.

It seems to be a good pipe. It makes good power, and I'm not worried about riding with it in the Oregon Dunes.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have the Dr D full exhaust and have been very happy. Fit and finish were perfect. It sounds great. Not obnoxious but has a nice growl. KB one of the site sponsors sells it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts