Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets start first problem. I put a full Yosi Exhaust on my daughters 660. I'm at 155/160, needle all the way up almost clean. I'm going to 160 165 mains, needle in middle on Saturday this should get rid of blubber top end? Will things change when I get to the dunes this summer with 40-50 degree change. She already had stage 1 cam added K&N with spacer with pipe.

Problem two, Full yosi exhaust pulled spark arrester out off my 660, after full throttle flames. Stage 2 cam 11:1 piston spacer and filter. Help

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok lets start first problem. I put a full Yosi Exhaust on my daughters 660. I'm at 155/160, needle all the way up almost clean. I'm going to 160 165 mains, needle in middle on Saturday this should get rid of blubber top end? Will things change when I get to the dunes this summer with 40-50 degree change. She already had stage 1 cam added K&N with spacer with pipe.

Problem two, Full yosi exhaust pulled spark arrester out off my 660, after full throttle flames. Stage 2 cam 11:1 piston spacer and filter. Help
I need to know the needles you are using, mods done to the air box and air filter, is the snorkel removed, any holes in the air box, or has the air box been deleted............................

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air box mods

Her's has spacer and K&n with sock no cover. Mine has protec cover proline filter. No holes on either box.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
You should be using aftermarket needles............

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What will changing the needle give me. And when I dial it in tomorrow will it change when I get to the dunes this summer. On mine with the flame thing after pulling spark arrester?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
What will changing the needle give me. And when I dial it in tomorrow will it change when I get to the dunes this summer. On mine with the flame thing after pulling spark arrestor?
I'm not the best at reading minds, be more explicative and keep your two bikes problems separate................
As far as needle postion goes, the higher the needle, the more the fuel delivery.............

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Got her's running pulling wheels off in first and second. Ended up with open box K&N carb with 160,165 mains, needle second clip from bottom of needle. She has a stage 1 cam piston is M10100. Problem number two, broke slide on her's when putting plug back in that holds down needle. So I took one out of my bike. Found that with full yosi 11:1 stage 2 cam I'm running 140,145, mains? Cycle shop did the work I dont know how the bike was running. Am I heading in the right direction going to 160,165 mains when its 95 degrees out.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
You really need to segregate the bikes to eliminate confusion... last three sentences are especially hard to follow.

How bout:

MY BIKE - blah, blah, blah.

HER BIKE - blah, blah, blah.

and never the twain shall meet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I will focus. I bought this bike done, and took the spark arrester out of yosi exhaust, bike is not happy. Receipts on bike say 11:1 piston, stage 2 cam, 140/145 mains in carb, and #427.5 pilot. Thinking of going 160/165 on mains, is this standard with these engine mods.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok I will focus. I bought this bike done, and took the spark arrestor out of yoshi exhaust, bike is not happy. Receipts on bike say 11:1 piston, stage 2 cam, 140/145 mains in carb, and #427.5 pilot. Thinking of going 160/165 on mains, is this standard with these engine mods.
From experience, what I have noticed is that engine load change jetting slightly as you increase the performance of the engine, BUT changing the air box such as removing the air box lid, cutting holes in the air box, removing the snorkel or even removing the little dam in the snorkel, removing the air box, these mods make drastic changes in the jetting because you have decreased the vacuum in the carbs that draw fuel from the float bowl, you will also get a change in horsepower when the jetting corresponds to the proper air fuel ratio............
So with that being said, if the other bike has similar mods as the first bike, then jet equally.............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts