Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know,
The everyday question you get all the time.
I dont exactly want a dual exhaust. and id rather not spend like $800 plus on a barkers exhaust.
What would be the best for power? I was thinking FMF or Trinity but both of those dont seem to really get the best rating.

Also, it has a uni filter and im thinking a power commander for it. I would like to keep the air box lid on. Is the mod really worth it at this point?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I hear a lot that the HMF is super loud. But ive heard a 450 with an HMF and it honestly didnt sound much louder than my stock raptor exhaust

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What year is your raptor?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If you want to stay with a single exhaust, i think i remember reading that the sparks was the best single on the older raptors. Its also known to be extremely loud though. In my opinion i wouldnt waste the money unless you are willing to pull that airbox lid off to get the most out of it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What if I just drill a few holes in the air box lid. My mechanic said the intake isnt actually too restrictive

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Sparks is the best performing single for the 06-14. It’s pretty loud though.

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
Anything but HMF, those are so annoying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm... well maybe not sparks then if it’ll be loud... I’m thinking pro circuit or big gun or trinity

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
I had the big gun Eco system on mine before the force 4’s. They were duals but they did have a good sound to them as well. I would go with them personally if you are set on a single.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What if I just drill a few holes in the air box lid. My mechanic said the intake isnt actually too restrictive
Its very restrictive on raptors. Especially on the top end

Reactions: Nathannewbie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya im looking for a few used ones I can buy..... used are still just as performing as new as long as they havent been damaged right?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ya im looking for a few used ones I can buy..... used are still just as performing as new as long as they havent been damaged right?
No, the packing deteriorates from heat and back pressure decreases, changing performance, as well as the exhaust becomes louder from less insulation to "muffle" it.
Replacement packing is sold, and you just have to drill out the rivots, repack/wrap the inner tube, and rivot it back together.
Not a big deal, but an added expense for all of them eventually.
Hours and how hard the engine was run(exhaust temp) determine how long muffler packing lasts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, the packing deteriorates from heat and back pressure decreases, changing performance, as well as the exhaust becomes louder from less insulation to "muffle" it.
Replacement packing is sold, and you just have to drill out the rivots, repack/wrap the inner tube, and rivot it back together.
Not a big deal, but an added expense for all of them eventually.
Hours and how hard the engine was run(exhaust temp) determine how long muffler packing lasts.
Well ya but I can just replace the packing

·
Registered
906 Posts
I was against my LTEs at first, but I’ve grown to really like them. Not quite as deep and booming as my monster exhaust and def not as loud. It has more of a smooth rumbling and is much more enjoyable to listen to on long rides. Almost like a v twin noise. I love the monsters too because they sound killer, but the LTEs don’t give me as bad of a headache!!! I always wear earplugs too. Call me a wimp lol.

Btw, not all exhaust have to have rivets drilled out to repack, some just use bolts and it’s very easy. Something to consider because you will eventually burn it out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have an '09 with dual DMC Force 4's and they sound good. If you want single, I've heard the Curtis Sparks or Ron Woods exhaust are supposed to be good. Probably not going to save much with a full single system vs duals and I'd say the duals are worth it on older Raptors.

As far as running without the airbox lid, I ride wet muddy trails and dusty trails and I've only ever seen some drops of water on the air filter at the very worst. I run GYTR intake and use a pre-filter and the intake tube is always clean.

Get a fuel controller first before exhaust. It is more important for the engine and you will feel an improvement instantly.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: morphrider
1 - 20 of 23 Posts