Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CT exhaust is leaking where the two pipes running out of the head meet? How do i seal it up? It makes a louds ticking, like a time bomb and backfires sometimes.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I just set up my CT and it dosn't leak there but my one spring is a little looser than the other one. Have you thought about pulling the intermediate pipe back and putting a 1/8 bead or so of high temp silicone (ultra copper). When you slip your mid pipe back on it should push the silicone in and seal things up nicely! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
One other thing!!! how does yours sound? dude mind sounds like it'll rattle the teeth right out of your head. Almost like the discs are a little loose and vibrating or something. Dunno just curious, nobody else around here has a CT.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen more people with CT than anything else. Maddog has one and so do a few others. I tightened all the allen screws that hold the discs on. It doesnt rattle, but it ticks. It really sounds like a time bomb. i thought about silicone, but i don't know if they make a high temp one that will hold. I will see what i can do. I want to just bend the pipe so it seals right, but i dont think it will happen. It only seems to do it at idle, though. I'm not sure if it only happens at idle, but that the only time i notice it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
That high temp ultra copper is all I use on exhaust systems, I use that on my stainless headers in my chev 350 works great. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Yeah I tightened the disc allen heads and it made a differance, they were all pretty loose.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine were loose too, especially after i banged it with a rubber mallet to get it into the midpipe... :lol:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've always used tin foil for exhaust gaskets... I would just fold it over untill I got the right thickness and wrapped it around the joint.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I'll keep the tin foil in mind , thanks! I've heard this before for flat gaskets but not for a slip fit on exhaust pipes. Be kinda hard to keep in place I think.

·
Registered
364 Posts
tin foil...???...that's actually a great idea if it works....anyone else have experience and good luck with this idea?? my alba pipe leaks no matter what I use....the heat destoys anything i use to seal it up. Cool idea.

Max

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where did you find the high temp copper sealant? I couldnt find it on Home Depot's website.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Go to a parts store, home depot won't have it! Any auto parts store will have this stuff. It's just a high temp silicone sealant. I always use it on exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
found it in a local hardware store..

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There you go :thumbsup: Just remember to let it cure before you start that thing up and let it get to hot!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will see if this store has it. Everytime i find it on the net they wont let me buy it direct from them.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
No need for online buying!!, damn sometimes a good service station will have it!! definatly a UAP/NAPA, you guys have them in the states. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
went to napa and got ultra copper made by permatex. Put it on, just gotta wait for it to cure.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There ya go, thats the exact stuff I was talking about. Ultra copper is the name I believe. Hope it works out well for ya. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i sealed up the other spots but i still have a ticking sound. Maybe i should put it on the headers. Is it safe to do that from the head pipe to the engine block?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
you can try it, I think you'll be alright. It works on my truck with stainless headers and they get pretty hot aswell.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts