Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ct muffler is leaking through the revits will cause any problems? I need to get it rejeted. It's been siting for a few years (made a thread about that already)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
the rivets on the cannister right? that's pretty weird.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wouldnt think it would be a prob. If the tip is packed right, by the time the exhaust gets there, it shold be pretty cooled off. If it bothers you, drill em out and re rivet them. You may experience small black spots there from carbon, but thats to be expected.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
danos660r said:
I wouldnt think it would be a prob. If the tip is packed right, by the time the exhaust gets there, it shold be pretty cooled off. If it bothers you, drill em out and re rivet them. You may experience small black spots there from carbon, but thats to be expected.
It's been like that since i bought back in 02. And there is black spots on the plastic. Is long as doesin't effect it when I take it in to get jeted. I just want to ride the damn thing with out it cuting out!!

Oh and anthere ? I removed the air box lid i'm at 5500 elv will this be problem when I jet it?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
5500 ft? you are going to need a really big mains. 175/180 without the lid, is somewhere to start

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If you go up in elevation you want to go down on sizes, not up! Theres less air up there which means you'll need less fuel to match it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok hears the deal, back in 02 I bought a ct kit had it installed at a yamaha dealer they left the lid ON it ran fine. So a year(03) later I took it to the dealer and had them remove the lid (I wanted more power)they rejeted it, bike has NOT been the same since they just could not jet the damn bike right! I gave up on it put the Raptor in my shead :(

Now it's 07 and it's time to get this bike runing Right! The Raptor is like new still has the original handle bars!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You have the turn down cap or the disc type at the end of the pipe?
What elevation do you primarily ride at?
Do you run k&n filters?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Get a K&n filter if thats the stock filter your running. That stock filter won't let your motor breath to its potential with that pipe.
If getting a K&n is not an option go:
2 turns out on the #22.5 jets
try the 3rd clip first on the needle
155-160 mains

It may be a hair rich to start, we'll see.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rt said:
Get a K&n filter if thats the stock filter your running. That stock filter won't let your motor breath to its potential with that pipe.
If getting a K&n is not an option go:
2 turns out on the #22.5 jets
try the 3rd clip first on the needle
155-160 mains

It may be a hair rich to start, we'll see.
Thanks for the help!
I have the foam filter that came with the CT kit, Pro design is this not any good?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Pro design is good, My bad interpretation; I thought when you said foam you were refering to the stock filter. The pro design will let more air through, so lets change my last suggestion a little-
Lets try this again:
A/F 2.5 turns out on the right-2 turns out on left
#22.5 pilot jets
3rd clip needle
160-165 mains

Don't forget to clean the filter and plug before jetting.
and when changing jets keep an eye open for a ripped diaphram,..ect..in the carb..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.