Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an 06 last saturday. its got the lid on it, stock filter, and stock exhaust with the center pulled out of it. i used it saturday and it ran nice. what do you guys think? this is how im gonna keep it. should i mix alittle race gas in order to keep it from going too lean? it didnt pop on deceleration, well maybe once. i remember years ago i had an ltr450 with the cherrybomb and a full exhaust. the guy on the dyno said it was a tad lean. he told me to just mix some race gas and that will richen it up alittle. that was in 06. since then ive sold the bike and its still used by one of my buddies with no problems. he uses it with race gas always. im thinking of throwing some race gas in the raptor because of the removed exhaust plug. i like how quiet the bike is

·
Registered
167 Posts
Race gas should have no effect on fuel mixture you should get a fuel controller to make the mixture right then you could remove the lid and put in a better air filter.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Race gas should have no effect on fuel mixture you should get a fuel controller to make the mixture right then you could remove the lid and put in a better air filter.

i agree

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
problem solved, a friend just gave me a stock muffler with the arrestor still in it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts