Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to put exhaust on my '11 raptor 700. My bother has xx6 sparks on his bike and it is awesome. I'm leaning towards duals for a cooler look aspect but unsure as to what everyone likes better: Barkers or DMC's. Let me know what y'all prefer. Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Barkers +10. In my view, the sound, the look, and the extra power they will produce.
I think the barkers have the amazing sound that no other exhaust has. They look more manly then the DMC's. And in some case's have proven alittle more power then the DMC's and aswell as if you build bigger in the future.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go with the barkers, I love mine, I think they are the best sounding exhaust ive owned

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Barkers +10. In my view, the sound, the look, and the extra power they will produce.
I think the barkers have the amazing sound that no other exhaust has. They look more manly then the DMC's. And in some case's have proven alittle more power then the DMC's and aswell as if you build bigger in the future.
Go with the barkers, I love mine, I think they are the best sounding exhaust ive owned
Barkers:metal:
Go with Barkers and have no regrets!
http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/exhaust/dual-exhaust/barkers-dual-inframe-exhaust.html

Please feel free to call us if you'd like more details. 270-774-1982

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Haven't tried DMC's but I think they look like sh**.

No complaints on my Barkers even with the strap-style mounts everyone is bitching about :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Haven't tried DMC's but I think they look like sh**.

No complaints on my Barkers even with the strap-style mounts everyone is bitching about :)
Honestly the DMC's are the ugliest exhaust i've ever seen, if i had a stock 700r and someone offered me BRAND NEW DMC's forsale for $250 cash i wouldnt take the deal.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Feel free to give me a call (530-938-3985) and discuss the postives and negatives of each setup.

I like the look of the DMC's so looks is all personal preference but there are a lot of other factors that should go into your choice. Such as price, fitment, warranty, availability, power.

Dont forget to throw monsters into the mix

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Lotta people talkin smack about the dmc,they actually make more on the top end then the barkers do the barkers make more on the bottom but i could care less about that. I wouldn't call barkers ugly. Just cause i like the look of the dmc's better then again im not a little girl jumping on the band wagon like a lot of people here, so go ahead check out the barkers and the force 4's which have way better fitment and installation than barkers which is a fact not opinion and check out those sweet new monster duals too. Good luck with your choice. And for all you force 4 haters, suck it:lol::metal::rocket::stir:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Lotta people talkin smack about the dmc,they actually make more on the top end then the barkers do the barkers make more on the bottom but i could care less about that. I wouldn't call barkers ugly. Just cause i like the look of the dmc's better then again im not a little girl jumping on the band wagon like a lot of people here, so go ahead check out the barkers and the force 4's which have way better fitment and installation than barkers which is a fact not opinion and check out those sweet new monster duals too. Good luck with your choice. And for all you force 4 haters, suck it:lol::metal::rocket::stir:

I like the DMC Force 4's, and personally think they look nice. I have doubts the DMC over took the Barkers on top end. Claiming the DMC have better fitment over the Barkers is a little miss leading since the head pipe from the DMC Force 4 is practically a replica of the Barker head pipe. I agree some of Barker's dealers went crazy trying to scare everyone from the standard straps to the billet clamps claiming it was necessary, but truth be told the standard straps work flawless when installed correctly. In my opinion Barker's exhaust will always be the most talked about and recommended exhaust system for the Raptor 700.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Our Shop Raptor has barkers on it. Has had barkers since they first came out. It also has the strap clamps. Unfortunately the strap clamps do wear, stretch, and become weak over time. Eventually the cans no longer lined up straight. This is why we recommend the billet clamps on 100% barker setups. If I actually rode the raptor and rode it hard I believe the clamp would easily break off. It would also be unfair to blame this on installation error.

For those on a budget at the time you can get by with the strap clamps. We got a good riding season out of them before they started to break down. Fortunately for you guys now is TQS sells these things with the Billet clamps at the same price the guys used to pay for a set with the strap clamps.

Keep in mind on these forums guys are going to recommend what they have as the setup. Which is great because that means all are happy with what they purchased. But this is a biased opinion. Some will even recommend products they have no personal experience with just because they read on here that its good. The best thing you guys can do for yourself is call up a reputable shop that sells ALL (monster, lte, barker, dmc, big gun, trinity, dasa, etc) of them and ask for their non-biased opinion. You can also check out our Great Dual exhaust thread that is stickied in this section for more ideas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what are the monster duals running these days? are they cheaper than barker? how do they perform?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
It is accepted that the DMC, Monster, and Barkers all perform nearly the same when speaking of standard bore pipes. There was a dyno graph on here that showed the Monsters made a little more power and they did win the exhaust shootout at bluetraxx but the gains were so minute that it could it have gone either way.

They run about $650 for a standard set in black or brushed cans.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You cant go wrong with Barkers, DMC or Monster duals. Power is nearly identical but if I had the chance to do it again I would run the New Monster duals.Choices will come down to looks, fitment, reliability, price and performance. Good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the Force 4s and no complaints here. Fit real nice, easy to put on, took me a whole 15-20 minutes I think. IMO they sound sweet. Real throaty at idle/lite revs, but gets raspy higher up. Never heard a 700 with Barkers, but never seen one where I am....

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I've owned both Barkers and DMC Force 4s. IMO the DMCs have superior fit, better build quality, and better mounting system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts