Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am running a full yosi system. My question is to repack or not. I have heard it is louder with the packing burnt out( I like loud) but makes more hp with new packing( I like hp) . I have had this quad for I little over a year and am sure it is time to repack if nessasary . Pros, Cons, all opinions welcome. Also is there a certin kind packing to use from yosi, or is all exhaust packing the same? Thanks...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will your packing affect your jetting? I would not think so, but I can see where it could.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
My favorite packing is the FMF Pink String. It is like long spaghetti. String it all out on the garage floor. Then start wrapping it around the core. You can make it louder by wrapping the packing tighter.

The reason why you loose hp with no packing is because exhaust can flow in and out of those small holes in the core. This causes turbulance, wich causes the exhaust to not flow as well.

Here is the stuff I am talking about. If you wrap it tight you might need part of a second package.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-4-STROK...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d30ad0f9e

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys , i will be repacking.. I checked out fmf and agree that's the one I'll get... How long does packing usually last?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Old thread same question.

How long does a fiberglass pillow last? I'm thinking of getting a dasa full exhaust and they said 30ish hours for trail riding. A friend said it lasts much longer on his motocross machines and street bikes. Whats is your experience?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
Old thread same question.

How long does a fiberglass pillow last? I'm thinking of getting a dasa full exhaust and they said 30ish hours for trail riding. A friend said it lasts much longer on his motocross machines and street bikes. Whats is your experience?
Each bike is different, it can burn out, blow out or soak up oil in a 2 stroke. In most cases new packing will increase performance. If performance is down, or gets louder it's time to repack. Or just take 5 min to check. Don't buy the pillow/blanket, just a pack(s) of hi-temp fiberglass. Wrap tight and hold with masking tape during install. Be sure inner tube indexes proper with both ends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts