Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is my exhaust smokes when you hammer it or going down the road. Its a greyish smoke and also when i stop and turn it off sometimes smoke will just start comeing out of the exhaust its a light smokeing but still dont think it should be doing that. lol Im guessing im running to rich?? I have 170L/175R #25 pilots A/F 3 turns out clips on 2nd from the bottom W/O an airbox lid and idk if cam matters but a stage 2 hotcam. I would like to hear what you guys have to say before i go tearing my carbs apart again.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
How fast do you go through oil? Sounds like you're burning some to me - nothing to worry about yet - I've been burning the same amount for 4 years - with many hours of riding - no reduction in performance yet. I burn perhaps a quart every 10 hours of riding. When I DO notice a reduction, I'll consider ring/cylinder work.

RE being rich - what does your plug look like and how does the quad ride?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not burning through oil fast at all. I was just wondering if its something i needed to worry about or something that could cause a problem. But i havent noticed a loss in performance so i guess ill leave it alone till i do.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
So, have you checked your plug for evidence of rich running, and/or does the bike exhibit any rich tendencies?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I havent checked my plug yet im about to and it just smokes its whiteish grey smoke.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My plug is black as coal. :(.. so im guessing i was running to rich. Its a carbon foul not a oil foul

·
Registered
296 Posts
sorry to jack your thread, but whats the best performance spark plug to use in the 660?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its all good lol i wouldnt mind knowing eaither. But i use NGK they have been good so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts