Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was taking my exhaust off i broke one of the bolts thats attach the exhaust to the head....noticed the other ones werent looking good. is it hard to change them out? and how do i do it? i already bought 4 new ones. thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Get some vice grips on the old ones and just turn them out, shouldn't be difficult at all. Then do the same with the new ones to get them in, just make sure you don't bite the threads with the vice grips when putting the new ones in.

Then use some anti-seize on the end that the nut goes on so they don't rust up.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
If you have two nuts that will thread on to them you can run them on a little bit and tighten them together like a jam nut and use a wrench to pull them out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If you have two nuts that will thread on to them you can run them on a little bit and tighten them together like a jam nut and use a wrench to pull them out.
This is a better way then vise grips for installing should you slip and tear up the threads............

·
Registered
881 Posts
more than likely you won't have enough threads to get a good bite on the studs. if not you can throw one on there and throw a small weld on the inside of 1 nut and that should work. If not vise grips.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I had to heat up the head around the studs with a propane torch to get them to move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts