Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new here. Joined the forum to get some info for my buddy. Hes got an 08 raptor 250 all stock. Hes interested in upgrading the exhaust and wants to know everything he has to do in order for the engine to run properly with the upgraded exhaust. I happen to be a Yamaha Blaster owner (2 stroke if any of you dont know, also on blasterforum.com as "BigBoyBlaster" if anyone knows me :D ) and know that whenever upgrading the exhaust, you MUST re-jet the carb. Is it the same with a raptor? I wouldn't see why not but im better off letting you guys explain. Im sure there are other things that are necessary besides slapping the exhaust on and rejetting so let me know what else there is to do(if anything). Hes thinking about getting a full exhaust system but if not then just a slip on, most likely HMF. Any reccomendations on pipe selection would be helpful too. Hes doing trail riding mainly. Thanks anyone for their help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If he upgrades the exhaust, yes he will need to rejet. If he is looking for a bit more power/torque, I would also suggest removing the lid, cutting the screen that is in front of the air filter to minimize air resistance.

As for the size of jetting needed, follow the mfg. rec. These settings should get you close. Others may chime in on what they have done as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If u want to go big get CT racing exhaust the most power for any aftermarket exhaust for a 250 or a big gun evo r they are honestly THE 2 BEST aftermarket exhausts.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Curtis Sparks x6 and CT Racing will put out the most power. Should be able to find a used for around $300. I love my Spraks

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I don't think you'll be finding a Sparks for a 250. All aftermarket exhausts are pretty much created equally for the 250. The slip-on is going to free up some more potential power, where as adding a header changes your power some depends upon the pipe size. I had a DRD system on my 250 which had a stepped header which had a smaller diameter pipe where it exited the head then got a little bigger down the line. I got a pretty sweet deal on it too, right here in the Raptor Forum classifieds, keep your eyes open. Either way you can't go wrong with an exhaust. Just the much better tone alone is almost worth the price of an exhaust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys, im new here. Joined the forum to get some info for my buddy. Hes got an 08 raptor 250 all stock. Hes interested in upgrading the exhaust and wants to know everything he has to do in order for the engine to run properly with the upgraded exhaust. I happen to be a Yamaha Blaster owner (2 stroke if any of you dont know, also on blasterforum.com as "BigBoyBlaster" if anyone knows me :D ) and know that whenever upgrading the exhaust, you MUST re-jet the carb. Is it the same with a raptor? I wouldn't see why not but im better off letting you guys explain. Im sure there are other things that are necessary besides slapping the exhaust on and rejetting so let me know what else there is to do(if anything). Hes thinking about getting a full exhaust system but if not then just a slip on, most likely HMF. Any reccomendations on pipe selection would be helpful too. Hes doing trail riding mainly. Thanks anyone for their help!
ok, FMF powercore header and the Powerbomb 4 slip-on, re-jet. this site is great for telling you what size jet to put in wherehttp://teamalbaracing.com/pages.php?pageid=13#RAP3 . only remove the airbox completely if you have an aftermarket upgraded system, if not drill a couple good size holes in the lid. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
CT Racing makes a great system. I haven't heard of any amazing powergains with the FMF on a 250 Raptor...
Ur not going to get any AMAZING powerganis out of just exhaust upgrades anyway, especially with the 250... the difference between a CT system and FMF would be very unnoticeable.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Hmm. I disagree. IMO, FMF is a good exhaust. But it will not be as good as a Rage, or CT pipe. FMF they are quantity, not quality, JMHO...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I like the performance products that Yamaha makes for there sport ATVs.

Sometime soon i will be getting the following:
GYTR Full Exhaust
GYTR Intake
GYTR Jet Kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts