Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new White Bro Pro Alum in and the programmer didnt come with?? Can I ride without it? or not smart...

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Is it a full exhaust? Not that it matters a lot, either way it is not a good idea. You just wont be as lean with just a slip-on and the lid on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it is Full system, leave the lid on ???? Or not a good idea? I know carbs.. no fuel injection till 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I would not run it with the pipe and no controller....nor would I run a stock exhaust machine with the lid off with out a controller.
Doing both the lid and the exhaust w/o a controller makes your lean condition even worst.......I wouldnt risk it if I were you...just wait, or put it back to stock! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i had the same question about adding a Two brothers M-7 slip on w/o PCIII. Would it hurt the engine that bad. Im gonna order a PCIII with my tax return in about 2-3 weeks. Is it ok to run the quad with the slip on w/o PCIII. Thank WOODY

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Sweet thanks BRO will do. Like i said as soon as i get my taxes $$$ i will up grade to a PCIII. Just up graded to VIP stats maybe I will win a PCIII one day LMAO j/k

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Like I said, I would not recomend running any mods without a controller. You can burn up the engine, or do some pretty good damage. Your motor requires a certain amount of fuel to be added to the air (a/f ratio) to run right. Its set up fine for stock....but once you do mods like an exhaust, or intake, or just removing the lid it greatly increases the airflow, and there is NO extra gas. Your motor will run hot, and it can do damage....or just blow the whole damn thing. PLUS the performance of your motor will suck when running this lean. A stocker would have a good chance of beating your a$$!
ITS NOT WORTH IT. Buy a controller for your first mod!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I was (key word beening WAS) going to buy a cheap-o dobeck but was doing some research on the forum and found out its not worth it. PCIII from fuel moto is $249-259 and has 10X more features. plus i like the accell pump feature. Correct me if Im wrong here but i think this is how the accell pump works. Its dumps more gas in (20% more) when the throttle is push in 80% the way in. Thats if you have it set at 80-20-20. Now i dont know what the other 20 stands for.

i have another question how hard is it to set this system up. From installation to tuning. How hard is it to program new maps in. again thanks guys Im just another rookie needing some help. WOODY

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
135BOOM man i reallllllyyyyy want to take you advice on this one but i cant wait to put that exhaust on. ALL in ALL i gonna wait. I followed some of your post and come to realize you know WAYYYY more them me. LOL so i will wait. thanks BRO. WOODY

·
Registered
733 Posts
My riding buddy is running a White Bros. E2 slip-on and spark arrester with no problems, he doesn't run wide-open though. He talked to HMF about this and they said with a spark arrester that restrictive (it sounds almost stock) it "shouldn't" cause any problems. I ran mine at first but no sa and it was popping at let off so I bought the PCIII. It would be a good piece of mind regardless to get the PCIII now if you're going to get it anyway. Better safe than sorry. They all react different, especially depending on altitude, temp, humidity, and so on. Just get it and you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
206 Posts
W69DY said:
135BOOM man i reallllllyyyyy want to take you advice on this one but i cant wait to put that exhaust on. ALL in ALL i gonna wait. I followed some of your post and come to realize you know WAYYYY more them me. LOL so i will wait. thanks BRO. WOODY
You made the right decision :thumbsup: It's not worth the risk.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
HOOLLYYY crap RYAN ROOSTIN RAPTOR nice ass truck bro. sorry a little off topic but just couldnt help it. i have to give you props on that build later WOODY

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Machy said:
hey my mustang has an a/m intake and an a/m free flowing exhaust with no tune, am i doing damage to it?
On cars i believe its different because you have O2 sensors. dont quote me on this one but thats what i have been told. WOODY

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
W69DY said:
Machy said:
hey my mustang has an a/m intake and an a/m free flowing exhaust with no tune, am i doing damage to it?
On cars i believe its different because you have O2 sensors. dont quote me on this one but thats what i have been told. WOODY

Yeah....up to a point it will compensate. BUT, if you tune it to get a perfect a/f ratio you will see more power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts