Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tightin the bolts to the right torque and little over and get some leaking from my bottom pipe header to exhuast.
What Can i use to seal this. I have some stuff in my junk room just other day called blue something and was like a gasket sealer for automotive I have to go look for this stuff again but what can I use for a sealent. I have allen dmc system 2 pipes to one muffler.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So it's leaking from the header pipe where it connects to the mid-pipe or exhaust pipe? That blue sealant won't withstand the heat of the header pipe. One option is to get some exhaust tape from an auto parts store, and wrap it around the pipe.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the connection between the header pipe and the exhust end muffler. Stuff is called super blue silicone gasket maker type 613. resitance temp up to 600 degrees

·
Registered
145 Posts
i guess you can try it, worse case scenario...it doesn't work and makes a little mess. I was always under the impression that gasket sealer wouldn't work on exhaust temps.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Done this and now letting dry for 24hr. I also had small leak wher the pipe from exhust end to header pipes. I did`nt mess with oter than tighting the t clamp a bit the clamp that holds the pipes togather. Will post how this stuff holds up thru the next couple days.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm pretty sure your exhaust temp is going to be higher than 600... it's more like 1200 if I remember correctly... You need either a copper gasket, or just weld the pig. I don't think silicone will hold up.

-SS

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree maybe i should`nt have put that stuff on there but I did. Im pretty sure from your comments it will fell but time will tell i have to update back in about a week raptor tore down for new rim new sprokets and for a alarm and adjust valves. while i been waiting for everythang to come in i clean the gas tank and bought new gas line with a fuel filter I also done the fan toggel mod and reverse mod tomorrow. Waiting on rim/feller gauges/alarm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts