Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 660, but am considering upgrading to the 700se. I live in ireland, and with tax etc, a new 700 is about €11500 or $15100. My parents recently moved over to Memphis, and having seen some of the prices of new machines over there, am now considering buying there and exporting to Ireland. Has anyone any experience in export/import? I shouldnt have to pay american tax should I?
Cheers.
Simon

·
Registered
337 Posts
They should be able to purchase one in the states without paying taxes. Surely they can ship it without paying an export tax. Just as some will ship a vehicle/car to another country. I have a nice used 700R that I'm trying to sale.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=7494.0

let me know, I'll work with the shipping. I need to get it sold. and since it's used they may not be able to tax it.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
you could have him pay you,and on the bill of sale put down it was given as a presant, they can't make you pay anytype of tax on a present,

·
Registered
337 Posts
I bet I can ship you mine cheaper than a dealer will ship a new one. You need a 700R and I need a down payment for a new Grizzly 700. I can build a crate for it at work too... we build crates for large furniture all the time. I have a trailer and everything.

[email protected]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi I live in Cyprus, im born and raised in New York but been living out here for the past 4 years. Anyway, I purchase quads all the time from the states and send them to myself, abuse the hell out of them and then sell them for more than what I bought them for :grin_nod:

Anyway, I buy them from NY, I recently fot a 2006 700 for $6150 (do not have to pay taxes) and have them sent with my shipping company in NY to me here in Cyprus. Of course you have to pay some import taxes but its based on your invoice. You can make it whatever you want. Also you will have to pay VAT on top of that and the shipping costs. Look into shipping costs before you do it. I buy 4 at a time so I know. I purchased 8 660;s and 4 700's so far.

Anything else let me know ill be more than happy to let you know where I get them from and who I use to ship...

·
Registered
44 Posts
cyprusrappy said:
Hi I live in Cyprus, im born and raised in New York but been living out here for the past 4 years. Anyway, I purchase quads all the time from the states and send them to myself, abuse the hell out of them and then sell them for more than what I bought them for :grin_nod:

Anyway, I buy them from NY, I recently fot a 2006 700 for $6150 (do not have to pay taxes) and have them sent with my shipping company in NY to me here in Cyprus. Of course you have to pay some import taxes but its based on your invoice. You can make it whatever you want. Also you will have to pay VAT on top of that and the shipping costs. Look into shipping costs before you do it. I buy 4 at a time so I know. I purchased 8 660;s and 4 700's so far.

Anything else let me know ill be more than happy to let you know where I get them from and who I use to ship...
I wish I wouldve done that. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cyprusrappy said:

Brilliant, did you go over to NY yourself or get someone to buy it for you over there? How much did that '06 end up costing by the time you got it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.