Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2011 Raptor 350. I've made some modifications recently and would like to add an extended fuel screw with number to make adjustments on the fly easier. It has the Mikuni carb. Any idea where I can buy one...a link would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MSR Fuel Mixture Screw

Anyone know if this will fix the Mikuni carb? [ame]http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Fuel-Misture-Screw-342051/dp/B001KO5780/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1314313590&sr=1-1[/ame]

·
Registered
80 Posts
If the stock fuel screw is not good/long enough, then you may want to consider re-jetting.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If the stock fuel screw is not good/long enough, then you may want to consider re-jetting.
extended fuel screw is to adjust your pilot without having to use a screwdriver because they usually dont even fit .....they extend below the carb so you can use your hand to turn them

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have the Vito's extended fuel screws on my 660 and they are pretty sweet. You might want to look into Vito's if its available for the 350, and if not, maybe those screws would even work in the 350 carb, not sure though. The only inconvenient thing about them is they don't have any markings, but if you make a mark with a paint marker on the knob then its much easier to count the number of turns

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Don't know if they make them for the 350 carb... but a short, flat blade screwdriver tip for a drill/driver set held with a pair of needle nose pliers will work.

How is your idle and transition onto throttle now? If OK, then the screw is fine where it is (it only affects idle mixture).

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I checked the Vito's website for this and I didn't see where they sold an A/F screw for the 350, but it might be worth a phone call to see if the screw is the same size. Or talk to someone that has both bikes that can do a comparison.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jetting in fine

Thanks for the replies thus far. It would be nice to know if the Vito screw will work for the 350 Mikuni carb.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Did you call Vitos?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you call Vitos?
I called Vito's Tech Line and they said they don't carry an extended fuel screw for the 350. He confirmed Vito's has it for the 660 but that it would not fit the 350. bummer ;( There has to be someone out there with an extended fuel screw on there 350 mikuni carb...anyone?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I called Vito's Tech Line and they said they don't carry an extended fuel screw for the 350. He confirmed Vito's has it for the 660 but that it would not fit the 350. bummer ;( There has to be someone out there with an extended fuel screw on there 350 mikuni carb...anyone?
see if you can get a bunch of 350 guys that need them and then call vitos and tell them you have 10 people that want an extended screw for the 350 so hurry the #$% up and make them:D

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
The extended fuel screw is handy when you're working out the bugs on a new motor and setting up the carbs for new mods but generally once it is set you leave it alone. I had a bad experience with the extended fuel/air mixture screws during a drag race at the Larue county fair. I was in the 2rd round of the open class and one of the screws fell out of the Left FCR carb. It was difficult to determine why the bike was popping in the low RPMs at night but placing a T-shirt over the airbox got me through the race and I placed 2nd. The next day I discovered the problem and went back to the factory screws.
Anyone ever lose an extended fuel/air screw?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The extended fuel screw is handy when you're working out the bugs on a new motor and setting up the carbs for new mods but generally once it is set you leave it alone. I had a bad experience with the extended fuel/air mixture screws during a drag race at the Larue county fair. I was in the 2rd round of the open class and one of the screws fell out of the Left FCR carb. It was difficult to determine why the bike was popping in the low RPMs at night but placing a T-shirt over the airbox got me through the race and I placed 2nd. The next day I discovered the problem and went back to the factory screws.
Anyone ever lose an extended fuel/air screw?
I've heard of those things wiggling themselves loose and falling out. I would imagine it would be easier to know your fuel/air screw felling out if it was an extended screw vs. a stock screw that you can't see anyway unless you flip the carb upside down. Being in the dark without a flash light probably didn't help any though. :) Glad you were able to figure out a quick fix and place 2nd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts