Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone's opinion for a length on a swing arm.I ride desert and dunes and dont care about wheelies.Is there a need to have an extended arm?? Tell me what you think.Thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Depends on you're riding "type", how much power you have, what tires you run, etc

For all out drag racing with some Big Skat tires, anywhere from +6"-12".

Jumpers and bermers might want a +2, and a good allround might want a +4. It just all depends

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
pw383426 said:
Depends on you're riding "type", how much power you have, what tires you run, etc

For all out drag racing with some Big Skat tires, anywhere from +6"-12".

Jumpers and bermers might want a +2, and a good allround might want a +4. It just all depends
Sounds like a nice solid break down :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
krbdog said:
I do little jumping mostly just balls out trail riding here in Arizona.Do i really need one???
Need one? No. Even with my 70+hp I was still able to do fine with the stock arm. Especially if you're trail riding, you're going to be spinning the tires anyway lol. It's just nice to have one

·
Registered
656 Posts
With the Big3 + Ignition Controller, the +4 was perfect. The +6 is a bit much for my quad right now, but I know I'll be doing engine work this summer, so my Raptor will grow into it's +6 swing arm. I thought the +4 was perfect for duning and general desert riding though. In my opinion, the stock arm is too short to take full advantage of even the stock power.

SS

My recommendations:
  • +2 Stock
  • +4 Big3+ (50-75 hp)
  • +6 Bore/Stroke (75-90 hp)
  • +8 to +12 for bigger builds - Drag Racing (90+ hp)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts