Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice, opinions, suggestions,and info on extended rear swingarms.

Just about everyone on this site is fixing up their quad in one way or another.

At what point (meanning at what performance level) do you need one?
How long do you go? (+4....+14)
What are the Pros/Cons?
How difficult is the install?
Do you need a new rear shock?
What are some good brands and prices?

A lot of questions, I know..........but believe me there are many more.
Billy

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no takers huh?............... no worries ..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Still have the stock swinger on mine. Might put an +1 or +2 axle on. If I decide to lengthen the raptor, I'll end up putting +1 wide,+1 forward a arms on.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'm looking a adding a +2 Houser on mine.
You can Keep the stock parts unless you go with long travel then you need a longer shock.
The longer lengths biggest addvantage is stability, It will help reduce the rappy from wheeling. Its most comonly done by draggers and hill shooters.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks for the input.

I'll get things figured out little by little.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
raptorDlux said:
Looking for advice, opinions, suggestions,and info on extended rear swingarms.

Just about everyone on this site is fixing up their quad in one way or another.

At what point (meanning at what performance level) do you need one?
How long do you go? (+4....+14)
What are the Pros/Cons?
How difficult is the install?
Do you need a new rear shock?
What are some good brands and prices?

What kind of riding do you do mainly?

A lot of questions, I know..........but believe me there are many more.
Billy

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spend most of my time at the dunes. like to cruise with wife and friends, but can't seem to DRAG myself away from the races. i'll never turn one down. And I don't like to loose.

thanks for looking, Billy

·
Registered
494 Posts
You need one once you put paddles on the rear if you like to drag race in the sand.

I run a +4" Ace Fabrication arm on mine. I paid $550 with tabs for skidplate mounts. World of difference. I tightened the preload on the stock spring, played with the compression and rebound adjustments, and I can live with it. IT could be better, but I have more important areas to focus on the bike right now.

Only con I can think of is when I ride desert with knobby tires. Wheelying is not so easy. The tires just spin.

The install is straight forward. Just allow yourself some time to do the job. I reccomend collecting the parts before you start. You will need a longer chain, longer brake line.....I took off the e brake completely and put a block off plate on the caliper. Its possible to find a longer cable, but I dont need it. I have a boost gauge sitting where the parking brake lever was. My swing arm was tabbed for a Banshee chain slider.....so I put on a TM Designworks slider.....$42.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks Glamis700. I'm running the ITP Sand Stars front and rear,but looking at the Haulers. As for the swingarm thats just the type of stuff I'm look'n for.

·
Registered
555 Posts
haulers are the way to go super light but check out jokersvaultracing.com the have cheap extended swing arms
DUDE, did you check out the date on that post - 10-20-2006, 09:52 PM, It;s like three years old. I think he's probably got it figuresd out by now, LOL.
Easy mistake, but still funny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts