Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I'm new here and I'm looking to completely tear down my 05' Raptor 660.

I bought her a few months ago from an original owner who babied her, she's in mint condition I picked her up for $2300 :D

Parts I'm going to replace:

+4 Extended Swingarm
Extended Axle
Extended Brake Line
New Chain

Now my questions are:

What swing arm do you reccomend? (I'm going +4 because I also do trail riding.)
What extended axle do you reccomend? I was thinking like a +4 total?
Which brake line are you running with a +4 extended swingarm?
And How many links does your chain run on with a +4 swing arm?

Thanks for all your guys help in advanced.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
with a +4 swinger you can run the stock brakeline. for trails im not so sure i would go that much wider in the rear but that depends on where you ride. replace both sprockets guessing a 12/40 without knowing mods and the chain at the same time. get 120 link chain and then you will have some extra links.
mike

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I have an Ace Fab on mine in a +4, axle is a 2+2 DuraBlue and a cheep Oring chain that started out as a 120 link and stock brake hose

Attachments

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
i have a +2 lsr swinger and a g force axle. like hk 45 i bought a 120 link chain and cut it to fit.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Lonestar racing ftw!!! :metal:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I like my Ace Fabrication.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if you have ordered your swinger yet, but I looked at quite a few before deciding on an Eyeball Engineering plus 4 swinger, extended stainless brakeline, Dominator II axle set at plus 4. I climb a lot of hills and absolutely love this thing. The only problem is if you go wider expect the frontend to plow a little into turns. I ended up adding plus 2 arms from JD performance...MGC ones because of a lot of roots where I ride>
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts