Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, so far I've been modding my quad to try and race hare scrambles next spring. Originally I didn't think there was much of a sand drag scene here, but after building a relationship with a local race shop it appears there is a decent amount of quad drag racing considering I'm located in the midwest. I've decided to stay on course to the hare scrambles next spring, but I do have a question about drag setups. The main one is for those of you that are running +4 swingarms, when you lenghten the arm to this length are you still able to trailride. Now I'm not considering putting on a +4 and attempting to race hare scrambles but the local OHV park that I use is fairly tight trail riding will I still be able to go there and have fun or will I not like the length. My biggest concern is getting a quad set up to drag and then not being able to use it at my local park. Unfortunately there aren't any dunes here like some of you have, all we really have is sand bars, river bottoms, and a park about 11/2 hrs away that is mostly sand. Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a +4 and still ride the desert besides the dunes. I dont trail ride, but I could if I had to. With the long arm and knobby tires, I cant wheelie like I would like, but in the sand with paddles, its the right way to go.

Its impossible to build a bike to be perfect for all types of riding. I ride mostly sand dunes, so thats the theme I keep when putting parts on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts